non laying chickens!!!!!!

When did you introduce layers feed to them? I have heard that starting them to early can actually be bad for there reproduction system.A friend of mine started her girls at 8-10wks (have no clue why) and they still aren't laying and there a 1 yr old now.Just a thought.

ok, my chicken friend said that with the breed they are they usually have to be almost a yr old. He said I should have eggs by May. If they aren't laying by then he said to get new chickens. I have them as pets so i won't be getting rid of any of my girls but eggs would be nice. I tried feeding them eggshells and they wouldn't have it. Nope, not one bite. I'll try the tuna thing.

Quote:
Im not sure about the yr old thing with cochin bantams.I also have cochin bantams, have for years and mine have never taken that long to lay. They have actually been the ones that laid eggs the earliest out of all Ive had. Mine have started laying around 6 to 7 months old. Im not sure what could be causing them to not lay yet. All I can think of is diet, or maybe they are roos. You said they are not free range so it cant be that you just havent found the eggs yet. Maybe post pictures of them so we can make sure they are not roos. Sorry. I know its aggravating when your not getting eggs yet.

oh, ok thanks.
How old are they in the pictures on your page? Are those pictures from when they were younger?

Last edited:
finally
big_smile.png
I have 9 eggs in 1 nest and 3 in another nest!!!!! They have started yippy!!!!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom