Non lethal way to deter coons.

kartking22

Songster
13 Years
Jan 12, 2008
Wisconsin
Although I believe in killing every raccoon in my area, this may be a way to deter coons from coming into your yard if you're into that natural selection or food chain thing.
Put a radio in your coop. Coons usually shy away from places that human voices are heard. A radio set to a channel of a Christian radio program is best because there is more talk than music. A stern voice on the radio is more of a deterent than music. My dad keeps the coons out of his sweet corn this way. I just thought that it would work with your chicken coops as well.

Quote:
As soon as tom lykis comes on at 3am, or Rush Limbaugh comes on in the morning the coons attack.
idunno.gif

Quote:
As soon as tom lykis comes on at 3am, or Rush Limbaugh comes on in the morning the coons attack.
idunno.gif

lau.gif
If they had some of Rush's pain meds they may chillax some...

Quote:
idunno.gif

lau.gif

you know, i never thought of that? Hammy give you that info? you're way too smart sometimes
hugs.gif

Quote:
lau.gif

you know, i never thought of that? Hammy give you that info? you're way too smart sometimes
hugs.gif

tongue2.gif

LOL I alway found that Rush and Tom were not a chicken oriented type of person. The coons may pick up on that sort of negative talk in thier shows at 3:00 AM. LOL

Back
Top Bottom