Non lethal way to deter coons.

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by kartking22, Sep 24, 2009.

1. kartking22

kartking22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Although I believe in killing every raccoon in my area, this may be a way to deter coons from coming into your yard if you're into that natural selection or food chain thing.
    Put a radio in your coop. Coons usually shy away from places that human voices are heard. A radio set to a channel of a Christian radio program is best because there is more talk than music. A stern voice on the radio is more of a deterent than music. My dad keeps the coons out of his sweet corn this way. I just thought that it would work with your chicken coops as well.

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:As soon as tom lykis comes on at 3am, or Rush Limbaugh comes on in the morning the coons attack. [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:As soon as tom lykis comes on at 3am, or Rush Limbaugh comes on in the morning the coons attack. [​IMG]

[​IMG] If they had some of Rush's pain meds they may chillax some...

4. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI

[​IMG] If they had some of Rush's pain meds they may chillax some...

you know, i never thought of that? Hammy give you that info? you're way too smart sometimes [​IMG]

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:[​IMG] If they had some of Rush's pain meds they may chillax some...

you know, i never thought of that? Hammy give you that info? you're way too smart sometimes [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. kartking22

kartking22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    LOL I alway found that Rush and Tom were not a chicken oriented type of person. The coons may pick up on that sort of negative talk in thier shows at 3:00 AM. LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by