Non-spill duckling waterer

The only "spill proof" waterer is a FROZEN waterer
lau.gif

But seriously, your idea is very clever, and should work very well.

I used a large cottage cheese container (plastic), with an oval slice cut out of the lid. Plus a nice round rock in the bottom, should it get low and lighter before I refilled it. Later, I changed to a large Cool Whip container.
41679_duklingwaterer.jpg

Yours is much more clever.

I made a brooder table, on one end is this large plastic bucket square from Lowes. Placed on top of that is a hardware cloth (1/4" mesh) bracketed with wood. A regular poultry waterer is placed in the center I then run a submersible fish tank filter and constantly circulate water up to the waterer. This seemed to work pretty well for me, on good times I would only have to clean it every 2 days.

I'll have to post up some pictures this weekend when I am home during daylight hours.

Last edited:
Quote:
Did this work? I have ducks hatching on New Years day.

It's not bad Debi. there are parts of the brooder dry after a day that weren't dry after 5 minutes before. Also as I mentioned before I like the fact that I know they haven't spilled the lot 3 seconds after I leave and they aren't without water for a few hours so overall I am fairly pleased with myself!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom