Non-stop peeper!

BFeathered

Songster
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
North Texas
I'm going deaf! One of our 2wk olds just will NOT shut up! Temp in brooder is fine, they're all eating/drinking/pooping normally, etc. The one baby just constantly "talks", in fact, I think she even talks in her sleep! And yes, she has fallen asleep in my hand, so I've witnessed this... good thing DD has the ability to tune this out, since the brooder is close to her bedroom (hehehe, revenge....). Anyone got a clue why jabber-beak is so vocal? She seems to act completely normal/healthy othewise. In the meantime, I'm putting in earplugs and going to bed.....zzzz

Hahah, our chicks used to never shut up either. It might just be a personality or something.

We had the brooder in a spare room and when I woke up at night to go to the bathroom I could hear them cheeping away.
smile.png

They were more noisy as they tried to settle in and sort out the pecking order, maybe just give them some time

Does she quiet down when you hold her? If so, she may just enjoy extra attention.
wink.png
I have a "peeper" who "whines" a lot, but instantly stops when I hold her. Stinker! I think some chickens just enjoy people. LOL. Sorry you have to listen to all the noise!

Both of my little EEs are like that- although if they can nestle into my neck to sleep they shut it.

I stole the ceramic heat bulb out of the adult coop (they don't need it with nights in the 40's anyway!) so there's no red light on all the time. Voila!!

It's less noisy, anyway, at night in the dark. All day, still....
"Peeeeek meeeeeeee! Peeeeeek meeeeee! Meeeeeeeeee!! Heeeeeee, heeeeee, heeeeeee!"

Hhhmmm.. she does peep quieter when she's being held. Wonder if DH would object to a fuzzbutt in bed? (snort... cat and dogs would also be on bed trying to Play with the fuzzy squeak toy that smells delicious...)
tongue.png

LOL! I have briefly considered bringing a loud chick in my room, too! Have you tried giving her a soft stuffed animal to crawl under? She might feel more secure and "loved" being able to get under something soft.
smile.png

They've got a feather duster in the brooder that they seem to enjoy jumping on and cuddling under/in. And they certainly have each other for company! Yawn... time for this Feather head to go to the coop and sleep... nightie night, and thanks for all the fish (I mean support... Hail Douglas Adams!)

Hehehe ours are new from TSC and one of them I swear is gonna be a rooster. He stand up tall when everyone else is sleeping and chirps non-stop. Also when I went to move them into their new digs today I was reaching for another one and mr protective pecked me! I really don't plan on keeping a rooster, but he will at least have to grow into edible size.

Of course this is my second day with chicks and I could be wrong, I just think it will be interesting when we are able to tell if I'm right or not.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom