Non-urgent suggestion

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Kusanar, May 18, 2017.

1. Kusanar

Kusanar Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2014
    Roanoke area, Va.
    Is there any way that once the site is working correctly again and everyone gets a breather, that there could be a way to mark an entire thread as unread? There are a few that I have read all the way through and would like to read again, but I use 3 different computers (desktop in the morning, work computer at lunch, kindle at night) and use the "go to last unread" button to be able to read seamlessly on each device since page numbers don't always mesh between the computers and the kindle I can't just remember the page number.

So, if I could just un-read the entire thread, then I could start back at the beginning.

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Couldn't you just "un-watch" the thread altogether. Then go to the first post and "watch" - seems to me that would do what you want?

3. Kusanar

Apr 30, 2014
    Roanoke area, Va.
    I tried that on the old version but it didn't work, I'll try it on this one as well and see if this one is set up differently.

I think it's because something on the site remembers who has "seen" what and will take you to the first thing you haven't seen even if you were already 5 pages into the thread when you subscribed/watched it.

I believe that this function would have to erase that "memory" of you having seen that post before. But like I said, I haven't tried it on this version yet.

4. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    I tried it on one I have watched for a long time and unwatch, go out come back in post 1 and it does seem to work, brings me to page 1.

OOPs, it doesn't list unread.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  5. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Egg Grower Premium Member Project Manager

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    Did you get this figured out yet?

6. Kusanar

Apr 30, 2014
    Roanoke area, Va.
    Nope, still pops me back into the "last read" thing.. which sucks, because one of the threads I was reading I was somewhere in 2014 I think and now it pops me in at April 2017... so I lost 3 years...

7. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Egg Grower Premium Member Project Manager

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    :barnie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by