Non-urgent suggestion

Kusanar

Crowing
6 Years
Apr 30, 2014
Roanoke area, Va.
Is there any way that once the site is working correctly again and everyone gets a breather, that there could be a way to mark an entire thread as unread? There are a few that I have read all the way through and would like to read again, but I use 3 different computers (desktop in the morning, work computer at lunch, kindle at night) and use the "go to last unread" button to be able to read seamlessly on each device since page numbers don't always mesh between the computers and the kindle I can't just remember the page number.

So, if I could just un-read the entire thread, then I could start back at the beginning.

Is there any way that once the site is working correctly again and everyone gets a breather, that there could be a way to mark an entire thread as unread? There are a few that I have read all the way through and would like to read again, but I use 3 different computers (desktop in the morning, work computer at lunch, kindle at night) and use the "go to last unread" button to be able to read seamlessly on each device since page numbers don't always mesh between the computers and the kindle I can't just remember the page number.

So, if I could just un-read the entire thread, then I could start back at the beginning.

Couldn't you just "un-watch" the thread altogether. Then go to the first post and "watch" - seems to me that would do what you want?

Couldn't you just "un-watch" the thread altogether. Then go to the first post and "watch" - seems to me that would do what you want?
I tried that on the old version but it didn't work, I'll try it on this one as well and see if this one is set up differently.

I think it's because something on the site remembers who has "seen" what and will take you to the first thing you haven't seen even if you were already 5 pages into the thread when you subscribed/watched it.

I believe that this function would have to erase that "memory" of you having seen that post before. But like I said, I haven't tried it on this version yet.

I tried it on one I have watched for a long time and unwatch, go out come back in post 1 and it does seem to work, brings me to page 1.

OOPs, it doesn't list unread.

Last edited:
and if anyone knows how to mark a thread as watched, please let me know. When I search for a topic I often encounter threads where I forgot I posted in let alone read lol
You can Watch threads by clicking at the top...
20210708_141528.jpg

Click on the 3 lines top left and open Forums tab to see your watched threads.
20210708_141330.jpg

Thanks, just a minute ago I found that I posted the same question about 4 years back and someone also suggested to watch the thread. I just tried to watch a thread then refreshed the screen to see if it shows up as a watched thread in the search but it doesn't. There was a reply that the watched threads will still show up in searches but I wasn't sure if it will show up with an indicator that it is watched. But maybe I can watch all threads that I have read, then make a tab of it, and as I scroll through old threads I can see if it is in the watched thread tab before I read half of it and see that I posted or liked one of the posts.

Back
Top Bottom