**Non-White Leghorn Contest**Finished !!! Winners announced :)

Quote:
I love your exchequer hen!! Do you like her??? Does she lay a good amount of eggs?? I am just wondering because I am getting 5 exchequer leghorn chicks in the spring!
smile.png

Thanks
smile.png
I try not to judge her too much because she was freeranging and 4-5 months old when I got her, so I didn't get to do the whole chick thing. She was really flighty til she started laying and squatting when you got near her. Now we get to hold and pet her more often. She can be a bit witchy when wants to lay an egg. I have watched her chase all the chickens out of the coop while she chooses her box. Its almost like she thinks they are going to steal the one she picks or something lol. She's never hurt another chicken though. Her eggs are starting to get bigger now, they were torpedo'y in the beginning, but are fattening up now. I get one almost every single day, unless she skips a random day for some reason. She is one of my prettiest chickens. I would definitely recommend Exchequers, if you can get them as chicks. Good luck with yours when you get them
smile.png

Thanks for posting pics!!
smile.png
all of your birds are great but the winners are:.......

3rd place: SunAngel's exchequer hen Fiona......

2nd place: flyingmonkeypoop's black leghorn rooster

and finaly first place is ...................................

luvmychicknkids' light brown hen, Willow
Congrats everyone
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom