None are hatching.....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pdsavage, Oct 14, 2008.

1. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    today is day 22 and still nothing.
    I started out with 49 eggs when i candled day 18 i seen movement in at least 3 eggs,a bunch looked like they where clear.
    this was my first try at hatching,it took me like 5 months after getting the encubator to even try cause i was afraid something like this would happen.
    Guess ill give it till day 25,but i knew i would kill all the chicks before they hatched [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  2. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    What was your temp and humidity?

Maybe they will hatch. Don't give up just yet...

3. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] Don't give up hope!!!!

4. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Are you sure they were fertile? Maybe you didn't "kill" them, maybe they just weren't there.

5. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    My first attempt was a total failure. I couldn't decide if I could see anything when I candled them (brown eggs hard to see), but I hung in there. Finally on day 25 I gave up and started cracking eggs. Unbelievably, all the eggs appeared to be edible. No discoloration, no odor, nothing, and of course no chicks. Turns out the eggs weren't fertile. On the next attempt I had an 80% success rate. So don't give up when things don't work out. Best wishes for your next try.

6. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

I hope they hatch for you!! [​IMG]

7. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    ooh there where some fertile ones.But i will give the eggs till day 25 and keep my fingers crossed.....

8. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    What brand and model of incubator are you using? What have your temps been holding at? What have you kpt your humidity at?

9. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Even if you don't get any chicks from this hatch don't give up. Every hatch is a
    new learning experience. A bad hatch can be a bummer but don't let it bother
    you.

10. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    I have a LG still air hand turning the eggs.Temp has been holding steady at 100 was the best i could get it to stay.Humidity was about 45 and last 3 days was about 55 to 60. Im so silly i check em several times a day and im whistling to the eggs....
    if this hatch fails ill wait till spring by then my SS will be laying everyday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by