None are hatching.....

pdsavage

Sussex Monarch
11 Years
Mar 27, 2008
NW,Missouri
today is day 22 and still nothing.
I started out with 49 eggs when i candled day 18 i seen movement in at least 3 eggs,a bunch looked like they where clear.
this was my first try at hatching,it took me like 5 months after getting the encubator to even try cause i was afraid something like this would happen.
Guess ill give it till day 25,but i knew i would kill all the chicks before they hatched

Last edited:
hugs.gif
&
fl.gif
Don't give up hope!!!!

My first attempt was a total failure. I couldn't decide if I could see anything when I candled them (brown eggs hard to see), but I hung in there. Finally on day 25 I gave up and started cracking eggs. Unbelievably, all the eggs appeared to be edible. No discoloration, no odor, nothing, and of course no chicks. Turns out the eggs weren't fertile. On the next attempt I had an 80% success rate. So don't give up when things don't work out. Best wishes for your next try.

Even if you don't get any chicks from this hatch don't give up. Every hatch is a
new learning experience. A bad hatch can be a bummer but don't let it bother
you.

I have a LG still air hand turning the eggs.Temp has been holding steady at 100 was the best i could get it to stay.Humidity was about 45 and last 3 days was about 55 to 60. Im so silly i check em several times a day and im whistling to the eggs....
if this hatch fails ill wait till spring by then my SS will be laying everyday.

Back
Top Bottom