None of my hens are laying.?! Help.!

XavCas

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 18, 2012
I have 6 hens and none of them are laying, but my two Pekin ducks are giving me two eggs a day. I do not know the problem. They are on the right feed and everything. It has been like this for a couple months now too, so I know it isn't because of the time or amount of daylight hours or anything. Does anybody know whats wrong.?

Last edited:
They were born last year around Sep. 12th. There is a lot of Pekin duck feathers around, but they are still laying. They kinda look like they are molting, but I dont see any feathers lying around.

I have a 2 dogs. My Chihuahua they " like ". My Hound x Lab doesn't chase them around or anything ( anymore ). She just kinda watches them and stays by their coop / run. They do get a little freaked out at first, but then go about their buisness. My 3 cats don't have contact with them. The chickens have 2 acres to roam ( We live on five, but the back 3 are fenced off from the front 2. Everything is fenced in though. There is just the one fence in the middle splitting the 3 acres from the 2 acres ) so I don't see how they would be stressed out. Fresh food and water and plenty of space, and they have friends.:)

Back
Top Bottom