None of my hens are laying.?! Help.!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by XavCas, Nov 18, 2012.

1. XavCas

XavCas Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2012
    I have 6 hens and none of them are laying, but my two Pekin ducks are giving me two eggs a day. I do not know the problem. They are on the right feed and everything. It has been like this for a couple months now too, so I know it isn't because of the time or amount of daylight hours or anything. Does anybody know whats wrong.?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    How old are they? Seeing lots of feathers around? It's the time of year for molting.

3. XavCas

Oct 18, 2012
    They were born last year around Sep. 12th. There is a lot of Pekin duck feathers around, but they are still laying. They kinda look like they are molting, but I dont see any feathers lying around.

4. SmittynTrace

SmittynTrace New Egg

Nov 18, 2012
    Is there something that could be stressing them? Dogs, cats etc....

5. XavCas

Oct 18, 2012
    I have a 2 dogs. My Chihuahua they " like ". My Hound x Lab doesn't chase them around or anything ( anymore ). She just kinda watches them and stays by their coop / run. They do get a little freaked out at first, but then go about their buisness. My 3 cats don't have contact with them. The chickens have 2 acres to roam ( We live on five, but the back 3 are fenced off from the front 2. Everything is fenced in though. There is just the one fence in the middle splitting the 3 acres from the 2 acres ) so I don't see how they would be stressed out. Fresh food and water and plenty of space, and they have friends.:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by