Noob chicken owner trying to gender mixed breeds

What colouring, because Stormy has a bluey green shine to the feathers. I live in a very close residential area and everyone around me can hear the crowing. I don’t want them to get taken away.
Red over the wing bows. Most all black feathers get an iridescent sheen. Sometimes blue, sometimes green, and sometimes even purple.

Deep breaths. :hugs

As long as you haven't gotten any complaints, I say wait a bit. The crowing will stop and she will start laying.

Post some more photos in good lighting tomorrow. Ones that show her back and from the side.
She crowed about 10 times the other morning at 5, I have nice neighbours but crippling anxiety. I don’t want to bother them and it’s definitely bothering them.

Attachments

• 52745259-D7F6-46B4-BAA3-8147C4252D2C.jpeg
    52745259-D7F6-46B4-BAA3-8147C4252D2C.jpeg
    632.1 KB · Views: 4
  • DA37E21C-598A-4495-BE2B-31B48AB30265.jpeg
    DA37E21C-598A-4495-BE2B-31B48AB30265.jpeg
    675.1 KB · Views: 4
She crowed about 10 times the other morning at 5, I have nice neighbours but crippling anxiety. I don’t want to bother them and it’s definitely bothering them.
I'm sorry about your anxiety. She is definitely a pullet. Maybe you could have a talk with them and apologize for her crazy hormones? Explain that it should stop soon. Offer eggs when they start laying maybe?

I don’t want to bother them and it’s definitely bothering them.

How do you know?

Have they complained?

While there are plenty of stories about neighbors complaining, there are also stories of people who were terrified that neighbors would have problems with the roosters only to have the neighbor causally mention "I love the sound of your rooster. It reminds me of visiting grandpa's farm."

That bird is a hen, idk why you still think it is a rooster but it is not. This is a rooster:
1641165288523.png
Notice the long draping feather on its back? Those are saddle feathers. Also notice the long pointy feather on his neck? Those are hackles. What I just described is called male specific feathering. And with the exception of sebrights only males have that. Even hens have pointy tails the second pic is a hen.
1641165502138.png

Back
Top Bottom