NOOO!! Accident with quail feed D:

Quail Lady,

I didn't think you'd done anything to cause a ruckus. Actually, of all your posts I've seen they've always been helpful.

Glad to hear you've had some quail live so long. I'm new to quail, but I recall reading they didn't live so long. Glad to know that's not necessarily the case. Especially if I find myself getting attached to a few of them!
big_smile.png

All my best,

Don

Quote:
Same here in fact all the quail I have ever raised have been fed on chick starter no probs the crumb is sold loose already packaged though so I have no idea on the protein content but nowhere near me sells gamebird feed.

Thanks for the advice people, I was worried I'd just get "Your quail will be deformed!!!" posts you know what I mean
hide.gif
Now I don't have to feel like a bad Quail momma
roll.png

Quote:
Naaah.........I like to put stuff in perspective, so.........I've got 3 kids......a 12 year old son, a 10 year old son, and a very precious little 4 year old angel girl. The 12 year old was a candy / sweets junkie until about 8, then he started eating real food......(peas, cornbread, deer, fish, more fish, Quail, etc....... Takes two hamburers and a biggie fries to stop his stomach from growling. Until he started eating "real food" he was a bony runt. I'm 6'1", and he's about as tall as I am and solid. The 10 year old?....... a real life Cookie Monster yet today!

Analogy: The 12 year old went from 16% gamebird protein to 30%, and it started showing almost instantly. Now the 10 year old.......well he's still on the 16% feed by his choice, and we're trying to get him to eat the 30%, but it's evident he's not partaking because of his "wormy" size.

The moral to my story.........neither one is "deformed", but their diet comparison vs. growth rate is so pronounced just thinking back.

Your birds will be fine.
smile.png

Quote:
Naaah.........I like to put stuff in perspective, so.........I've got 3 kids......a 12 year old son, a 10 year old son, and a very precious little 4 year old angel girl. The 12 year old was a candy / sweets junkie until about 8, then he started eating real food......(peas, cornbread, deer, fish, more fish, Quail, etc....... Takes two hamburers and a biggie fries to stop his stomach from growling. Until he started eating "real food" he was a bony runt. I'm 6'1", and he's about as tall as I am and solid. The 10 year old?....... a real life Cookie Monster yet today!

Analogy: The 12 year old went from 16% gamebird protein to 30%, and it started showing almost instantly. Now the 10 year old.......well he's still on the 16% feed by his choice, and we're trying to get him to eat the 30%, but it's evident he's not partaking because of his "wormy" size.

The moral to my story.........neither one is "deformed", but their diet comparison vs. growth rate is so pronounced just thinking back.

Your birds will be fine.
smile.png

that's great!
clap.gif

Quote:

Your birds will be fine.
smile.png

that's great!
clap.gif

X2
pop.gif

Quote:

Your birds will be fine.
smile.png

well said and
gig.gif

Nope!

You can feed coturnix 30% GBS from hatch until the ripe old age of 5 years+ of age. I have done it!

You can feed your buttons, BOBS, ZAMBIAN GUTTERSNIPES, what ever you like!

You can feed COTURNIX quail 30% GBS for ever! Well...at least for about 5 years. After that, then you should ask folks that have 5+ year old coturnix.

X2! AND HAVE 8 YR OLD (COTURNIX)BIRDS THAT THRIVE AND LAY TO THIS DAY...ADD TO THAT SUMO WRESTLER SIZED BOB WHITES, RINGNECK PHEASANTS IN 3 COLOR PHASES, LADY AMHURTS, AND GOLDENS. THEY ALL GET 30%GBS FROM HATCH TO DISPATCH WITH NO ILL EFFECTS. I HAVE BEEN AT THIS QUITE A WHILE LONGER THAN MANY HERE IN A COMMERCIAL PRACTICE. THIS PROVIDES ME WITH BIRDS IN THE BEST CONDITION AND BEST LAYING RATES. GIVEN THAT MANY OF MY BIRDS IN ALL THESE SPECES ARE 5YRS OF AGE OR OLDER AND I AM IN A BRUTAL CLIMATE GEOGRAPHY I CANT KNOCK IT. I HAVE EXPERIEMENTED WITH FEED IN THE PAST, THIS SIMPLY HAS THE BEST RESULTS FOR ME​

Back
Top Bottom