NOOOO!!!!!! (rant)

WendiJean

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
South TX
I just had to rant

We woke up this morning to feathers everywhere, coyotes had gotten our Tom, and our hen who was nesting, and all the eggs. Looks like Tom put up a fight, but it wasn't any good.

And to top it all off, we had a baby turkey in the coop (the big guys were free range) who died last night too.

In one swoop we are out of the turkey business
sad.png

stupid mangy good for nothin' coyotes, arrrgghhhh

I am so sorry to hear that! Do you have an area where you can secure the turkeys during the night? Can you buy some more poults?

Quote:
they have always been free range, but we had been trying to get them to go in the coop at night, for awhile they were, until the hen went off to nest, and then Tom stayed in his normal nightly place (our porch swing, lol).

Do coyotes attack the same place twice? our chicks are cooped but I still worry about the guineas.

Quote:
they have always been free range, but we had been trying to get them to go in the coop at night, for awhile they were, until the hen went off to nest, and then Tom stayed in his normal nightly place (our porch swing, lol).

Do coyotes attack the same place twice? our chicks are cooped but I still worry about the guineas.

Oh, they will sooooo be back again!

I do think they would come back for another meal........I don't know alot about turkeys. I'd like some, but I have chickens, and they say chickens carry the blackhead virus that will kill a turkey.....

You need a donkey! A good will kill coyotes no problem. They will definatly be back, probably tonight. Do you have a gun? Id be on watch tonight for sure. Im soo sorry about your turkeys, do your guinnes roost in the trees?

i have two donkeys and can say they are the best thing i have found against any dog type animal...they seem to hate dogs..careful with your own dogs though as my donkeys do not discriminate between strange dogs and known dogs..they just hate dogs period. also if i have just petted my own dogs the donkeys hate me.

Back
Top Bottom