Normal preening or itching?

I am surprised that they are all in the coop, with the sun out? Mine spend the day outside.

To me, it looked like a lets just sit down, and do some grooming, kind of pecking.

How do the feathers look when they are just walking around? If the feathers are in 'the right place, and laying smooth' you really don't have a problem. Were I notice problems is almost always at the base of the tail on top. They dig and dig there, and pretty soon, they have a worn spot. I did not see that indicator on any of your birds.

Mrs K

I am surprised that they are all in the coop, with the sun out? Mine spend the day outside.

To me, it looked like a lets just sit down, and do some grooming, kind of pecking.

How do the feathers look when they are just walking around? If the feathers are in 'the right place, and laying smooth' you really don't have a problem. Were I notice problems is almost always at the base of the tail on top. They dig and dig there, and pretty soon, they have a worn spot. I did not see that indicator on any of your birds.

Mrs K
Thanks so much you for your info!

LOL @ them being in the Coop! - I’m thinking it’s a combination of things. We’re in Kentucky and the weather is just silly right now. It’s in the 70’s one day and 20-30’s the next! This was a cold day, plus they tend to tell time really well and huddle around the Man-door of the coop when I’m due to let them out to free range. We’re lucky to be to let them roam and play about 3hrs before bed-time/roost-time…
♥️🐥♥️

Back
Top Bottom