Normal rooster fighting?

Dec 2, 2020
I have 5 twenty week old roosters.

2 BCM, 2 Swedish Flower and what appears to be a Birchen Marans.

One of the Swedish and the Birchen have been brutalizing one of the BCMs. The other Swedish has haphazardly joined.

They aren’t giving up when he is cornered. Using their beak they are pushing his head to the ground and not releasing. They attack one at a time. The bullied BCM is larger than the others. There is quite a bit of blood. The comb has several wounds from the last 3 days.

They reside in a 66sq ft hoop house. The weather was nice for a week and then got chilly again. I’ve been giving them about 2 hours of free range time every 2 days.

I am considering using a wire crate to house the bullied BCM and then on the weekend build the other hoop house I was planning for April to separate. Or making the Birchen and maybe the Swedish totally free range......

I don’t have pics because I left my phone at work when I was up there, but can get some later if need be.

I am concerned that both Roos press the attack rather than giving up once they win.

Watched them for about an hour this evening. A bit of false charging/flying and only two contacts. One by the flower on the bullied bcm and one by the bullied bcm against another bcm

Back
Top Bottom