North Carolina

I moved from Houston to NC in 2003. In the last year I was in Houston my truck was hit 7 times by other drivers. Not one accident since the move. I love it here.
big_smile.png

Hey, I'm from right near Raleigh - and I need some more hens! I had a hen "turn into" a rooster recently. A farmer at the NC State Fair promised it was a pullet - it was not! Anyway, now I have 5 hens and two roosters. One of my hens went broody and is secluded with her one chick. (long story....) Now there are even less hens to go around and they are getting way too "bothered" by the roos. Oddly, the roos do not fight.

Does anyone out there have some older pullets to sell? Slightly near Raleigh - or willing to meet half way?

If I had my choice I'd like a Maran or Welsummer as I don't have any dark egg layers currently. But I'll take anything healthy, under a year and FEMALE! I'll pay! I just don't have the heart to get rid of either rooster and so I'll add upt to 4 more hens.

Thanks! Wish that chicken swap were closer. I went last year when it was in Raleigh.
-Amy

Last edited:
Hello NC ers! I'm in Cary. Would anyone like to sell me some pullets? I need more hens to go around for my 2 roos. I'd love to find some Marans for the dark eggs - but at this point I'll take any healthy older pullet. No bantams though - my chickens are free ranging and the bantams end up being hawk food. Thanks so much! -A.S. in Cary, NC

Back
Top Bottom