North Carolina

2 Emu eggs went through today... she got one and I got the other.... went in the incubator tonight when I got home.... cannot wait to hatch the little sucker out!
highfive.gif

Excellent website for info

http://www.eemufarming.com/

Lydia my thoughts, single emu chicks are very demanding and will suffer from seperation anxiety when their people aren't around to keep them company.

I guess Beth and Mary will have to pray both Emu eggs hatch so they can take turns babysitting and having playdates. lol

Last edited:
Good late morning everyone!!
So sad that I missed the WCA...sounds like it was a blast. I am still waiting for "warmer" weather where they will open everything up!! So we bought a bigger feeder for when we went away, so our neighbor who was chicken sitting for us wouldn't have too much work on his hands...turns out between DH and the neighbor, we went through 150 POUNDS of feed in 2.5 weeks. Now I am in a spot...we have another week before we can order/pick up our feed and yet I don't think we will last that long with feed. I could just smack those two!! LOL. Not sure what to do with the feed now, but not sure it really matters. I suppose we can pick up a bag of regular feed (small one) to get us by, especially since at the moment DD is refusing to eat eggs!!
Trying to decide, but I think we may be looking at getting some more chickens and maybe some ducks/geese!! I'll be up for suggestions on types to get. We're looking for dual-purpose ones, as I have heard duck/goose fat is prime for cooking and the meat couldn't taste better (sorry if you are of the mindset not to eat what you raise). Then again...that would assume we'd actually process them!! LOL. Still, we're up for suggestions...as well as when we can go to pet Beth's Emu!!
lau.gif

Lydia my thoughts, single emu chicks are very demanding and will suffer from seperation anxiety when their people aren't around to keep them company.

I guess Beth and Mary will have to pray both Emu eggs hatch so they can take turns babysitting and having playdates. lol

Play dates how sweet, Would love to see them driving down the road with an EMu strapped into the childs safety seat ...
lau.gif

And that coop is awesome I have a truck but way to far for me..

I need some help.......

I have 2 Buff Orpington males, just coming to a year old now, so there is some infighting between them. I'd like to find a good free home to one of the pair to stop the fighting. Prefer local delivery or pickup, but will deliver to a show if guaranteed a nice loving home. both raised by us as chicks so used to being handled.

PM me if interested.....

So how much did ya'll swipe the emu eggs for?

I paid $8.
yesss.gif

I think MaryRuth paid about the same.
hu.gif
I was not paying close enough attention until she won it.
lau.gif

And yes... once I figure out if this is fertile/hatches I will be looking into a friend/playmate. I have found 2 sources close by.
wee.gif

ML............ So if I sell 200 chickens and replace it with 1 Emu. It is the same thing !
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom