North Carolina

Morning all! Sorry Gavin, hope he hets back up soon. I got a Roo living loose on my back porch as he lost out in some brotherly love. Named him Wallace (Braveheart) because his comb on one side was blue from blue cote. He's turned out to be a real good buddy. Nothing like a huge Roo trotting behind you every step you make. I thought my shepherds where loyal!
Welcome to all new folks!
Well and I can put my magnets back on the cars "my pets make me breakfast"! Yeah for eggs! I forgot what it was like when they were paying rent!!
Hope all are well, I've been busy working on making spring happen! Seems winters is being delayed or rescheduling. Didn't see a single Crocus, but my Hellebores and Daffodils are blooming!

Here's some ideas for re-using egg shells... that I came across online..
This one is quite cool and I will probably try this myself.

On the other hand... this one was kinda gross... but "to each his own"....

I like egg in my cake... but not the other way around...
sickbyc.gif

Hi everybody! I've been lurking and reading cause my tapatalk wasn't working, Ooo how I wish BYC would go mobile!
The good news I have a broody sitting on 6 eggs, the bad news I have no idea if they are fertile beacause they only go out with the roos every other day. :s I wish I could buy some eggs but I so don't have the money.
I have a question, how do you keep eggs to put into an incubator at once...um how do you get all the eggs to hatch at or around the same time?
I have 20 chicks coming next week YAY!

Gavin- :hugs so sorry about your roo.
Bhep- BEAUTIFUL peacock. Are they hard to keep? I've got a neighboor who breeds them and I've always wondered if they needed a bunch of special stuff? Good luck to you and Mary with the Emu eggs! :)

NH- hope potty training is going well *fingerscrossed*. I used to have a black thumb but after reading and following insutructions for each lil plant to a “T” I have a nice lil veggie and herb garden! Good luck!

Vfem- beautiful gardens! Hope you get to feeling, but you are lucky to have such a DD. Both silkies look like pullets to me.
Dlockey- :thumbsup those coops look great! Anytime you want to come build me one let me know =D

Hope everybody has a great day

Hi everybody! I've been lurking and reading cause my tapatalk wasn't working, Ooo how I wish BYC would go mobile!
The good news I have a broody sitting on 6 eggs, the bad news I have no idea if they are fertile beacause they only go out with the roos every other day. :s I wish I could buy some eggs but I so don't have the money.
I have a question, how do you keep eggs to put into an incubator at once...um how do you get all the eggs to hatch at or around the same time?
Gavin-
hugs.gif
so sorry about your roo.
Bhep- BEAUTIFUL peacock. Are they hard to keep? I've got a neighboor who breeds them and I've always wondered if they needed a bunch of special stuff? Good luck to you and Mary with the Emu eggs!
smile.png

NH- hope potty training is going well *fingerscrossed*. I used to have a black thumb but after reading and following insutructions for each lil plant to a “T” I have a nice lil veggie and herb garden! Good luck!
Vfem- beautiful gardens! Hope you get to feeling, but you are lucky to have such a DD. Both silkies look like pullets to me.
Dlockey-
thumbsup.gif
those coops look great! Anytime you want to come build me one let me know =D

HELLO, Wildriverswolf90 !

I see that you are in Polk County. My ancestors on my Father's side were all Polk County Folks ( it was in Rutherford County prior to 1856).

1. Your eggs are probably ALL Fertile...if the hens have been exposed to the rooster in the past 2 weeks.
2. Just collect your eggs and keep them at room temperature until you are ready to incubate ( within a week or so ). The will incubate together and hatch together.
3. Enjoy your veggie and herb garden. I like mine....but it is too cold here in New Mexico now (it's snowing) to do any gardening. (But, it will very soon be time for me to start my seedlings indoors.)

GOOD LUCK !

"the Old Man in New Mexico"
-Junkmanme-

Morning all! Sorry Gavin, hope he hets back up soon. I got a Roo living loose on my back porch as he lost out in some brotherly love. Named him Wallace (Braveheart) because his comb on one side was blue from blue cote. He's turned out to be a real good buddy. Nothing like a huge Roo trotting behind you every step you make. I thought my shepherds where loyal!
Welcome to all new folks!
Well and I can put my magnets back on the cars "my pets make me breakfast"! Yeah for eggs! I forgot what it was like when they were paying rent!!
Hope all are well, I've been busy working on making spring happen! Seems winters is being delayed or rescheduling. Didn't see a single Crocus, but my Hellebores and Daffodils are blooming!

Story,

sorry to say I got home last night and he was dead...... So, now I just have the one rooster..........

Gavin-
hugs.gif
so sorry about your roo.
Bhep- BEAUTIFUL peacock. Are they hard to keep? I've got a neighboor who breeds them and I've always wondered if they needed a bunch of special stuff? Good luck to you and Mary with the Emu eggs!
smile.png

Dlockey-
thumbsup.gif
those coops look great! Anytime you want to come build me one let me know =D

Thank you so much...sadly potty training isn't going well, so I am taking a break from it. I think my frustrations are wearing on her. As for a black thumb...I think I may have one as I have yet to grow anything but peas and weeds!! I am determined to do better this year, and I am hoping that with DH doing all the tilling and planting I will be successful!!
lau.gif
I did make him a chart as to how far apart to plant, how deep and when...although waiting until the last frost is past seems a little pointless with the "winter" we've had, but I still refuse to let him plant early!! I don't want to jinx myself....plus we're attempting to grow our own Wheat, Rye, and Oats this fall/winter!! I have a hull-less oat and the wheat/rye are just for the compost/straw for the nesting boxes, but it's all an experiment!
smile.png

I am not sure where Polk Co is, but if you ever want/need fertile eggs I'd gladly give you some of our eggs. We have orpingtons, marans and cochins (although our roos are orps, so they won't be PB if you're looking for that.)

Have a great evening everyone!!

Here's some ideas for re-using egg shells... that I came across online..
This one is quite cool and I will probably try this myself.

On the other hand... this one was kinda gross... but "to each his own"....

I like egg in my cake... but not the other way around...
sickbyc.gif

Love the seed pot idea but got to agree with you on the cake idea.......beside I would want more than a bite sized cake
gig.gif

Thanks for the idea on the plant pots!!!!!

HELLO, Wildriverswolf90 !

I see that you are in Polk County. My ancestors on my Father's side were all Polk County Folks ( it was in Rutherford County prior to 1856).

1. Your eggs are probably ALL Fertile...if the hens have been exposed to the rooster in the past 2 weeks.
2. Just collect your eggs and keep them at room temperature until you are ready to incubate ( within a week or so ). The will incubate together and hatch together.
3. Enjoy your veggie and herb garden. I like mine....but it is too cold here in New Mexico now (it's snowing) to do any gardening. (But, it will very soon be time for me to start my seedlings indoors.)

GOOD LUCK !

"the Old Man in New Mexico"
-Junkmanme-

Hey Junkmanme, so good to see you, was just thinking the other day about you and wondering how you were doing. All is well in New Mexico i hope.

Back
Top Bottom