North Carolina

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by ruachicken1, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Coop Scoop Boogie

Coop Scoop Boogie Chillin' With My Peeps

Racing homers is what I'm thinking on selling for now. The rollers we are keeping mostly but I have promised some to Bhep and maybe after that will part with extras if I have any [​IMG] dang things keep hatching those eggs [​IMG] they can be worse than a silkie about hiding and hatching eggs [​IMG]
  2. MaryRuthLangdon

MaryRuthLangdon Chillin' With My Peeps

Hmmm... I wonder if I should post pics of my Sugar Gliders? It might make Beth want one...... LoL
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ok... Let me tease you with my sweet baby gliders...
    They are exotic marsupials that hail from Austrailia... the females carry their offspring in a pouch, much like a Kangeroo. I started out with a young pair about a year and a half ago. Who have produced offspring twice now.
    Their first daughter.. I raised for my neice, last summer. Then they had a set of twin boys this winter.

These are pics of my last batch of babies. I kept one male and sold the other. Then I bought him a mate, from a couple who were expecting their first child and didn't have the time to care for their 2 year old, female glider anymore. So, I now have 2 pair. [​IMG]

They love to eat fruit. Watermelon being their favorite treat.

They also love playtime in the tent.... jumping, running, climbing, hanging upside down, gliding to the top of my head from the tent top, grooming my hair, chasing each other & being an all around mess.
  3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    Ok first off [​IMG] Bennie. Sorry you lost a roo, but its why mine are under lock and key [​IMG] literally.

Second, Mary and Bennie, I guess my kids and I will never go to your house as I would have to leave the kids at your place when I leave because of all your critters! [​IMG] They don't even like leaving Beth's!

Mary what are the first two chicks, the black and white ones in the first picture?
  4. Coop Scoop Boogie

Coop Scoop Boogie Chillin' With My Peeps

OMG.......those are SOOOOOO cute!!!!!!!!!!!

You are so lucky have lots of cuteness at your place!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing the pics [​IMG]

Good morning folks..........hope everyone has a great day [​IMG]
  5. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    Morning all [​IMG]

Welcome Bennie [​IMG]
    And Mary....... too many cute things at your place. I had sugar gliders, years ago. They are adorable, no more inside pets. My dogs go nuts ! sorry [​IMG] [​IMG]

Love the chick pictures everyone...
  6. NewHomesteader2010

NewHomesteader2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Johnston County, NC
    Good Morning Everyone!! For those of you who have to go anywhere (especially in/around Johnston County)...please be careful as it is very foggy out by me!! (I guess if you aren't close by you might have escaped the blanket of fog!!).

Matt - words cannot adequately express my sincerest sympathies at your loss. We all know she was well loved and cared for while she was there with you. [​IMG] Since I am not a dog person, please don't find me too cruel when I say I hope you stumble upon the body of that nasty mutt after it suffered a long horrible death!! (My apologies to those of you who like dogs...I liked them until I was 4 and my grandmother's dog tried to eat my face!!)

Mary - It's official. I am banned from ever stepping foot NEAR your place!! You have just about the cutest things!! Here I thought visiting BHep was I know the truth!! It's a conspiracy that you two have...trying to enable us into further cuteness!! CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!

Today is my finishing up day...I cut out the baby quilt yesterday and I intend to finish it today (assuming DD lets me actually sew on my machine!!) LOL Then I think I will work on making a few play dresses for DD's baby doll (I absolutely LOATHE sewing doll clothes!!) At least she is good about it. At 18mo, she will sit there and watch me measure, draw, cut out and sew pieces together. The whole time I am working she usually says, "baby!" because she knows it's for her baby doll. Just know if any of the fabric is owl...I'm in trouble!! LOL for the rest of the day I will hear NOTHING but "owl"...girl loves owls...and deer....and foxes....and chickens....and cows...okay, pretty much any animal!! LOL Have a GREAT day everyone!!
  7. Moores6

Moores6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Individual photos of my chicks. I do not think they are all the same breed.
  8. Hollowoakfarm

Hollowoakfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2012
    Parkton, NC
    In the last several batches of photos, there have been bands of assorted materials on the chicks. I've been looking at bands recently and am trying to decide what to use. I've used zipties in the past, but have had some issues with them tightening up, so want to use something else. Can you tell me what you use and what you do or don't like about it? I'm assuming everything has pros and cons; we just have to sort out which cons we can live with! Thanks for any info.

Also....My sorrow for those who have lost birds recently. I had a dog get into my chicken area a couple years ago and kill half my flock, so I know the rage and the helplessness of dealing with such a tragedy. Just reading it brought back that gut-wrench. I love my dogs, but a livestock killing dog would get shot in a New York minute around here.
  9. Moores6

Moores6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    I am trying one wrap velcro. It comes in different colors. I cut it down to size.

10. TarheelBirdy

TarheelBirdy Chillin' With My Peeps

AllyR, I sent you a PM about tomorrow :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by