North Carolina

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by ruachicken1, Sep 25, 2008.

1. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    Matt, sooo sorry for your loss today. [​IMG] I do hope your other hen pulls thru. [​IMG]

2. Moores6

Moores6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Went to TSC and got 6 black Australorp straight run. LOL DH is such a sweetie.
    Sharon

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep

lol been there and don't wanna go back on the leg brace.

4. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC

This Sat. at the Family Farm store, Persons St. Fayetteville........there is a flock swap. Buy & sell birds. Come on out and browse & meet some BYCers. [​IMG]

5. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    [​IMG]all new flockers

Kmac there's a flock swap in Fayetteville this sat that some of us will be at. Its listed on Craig's list

Mary, you guys going to a flock swap?

6. kmac720

kmac720 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2012
    I'm going to do my best to make it, I'm trying to get my coop finished up and only have help on the weekends. Are there more swaps? I have nine 2 week old chicks, 7 RIR and 2 barred rock in our upstairs room. Since ya'll are from the area, when can I put the chicks outside? I know we are having some warm weather, but I don't want to put them out too soon. I've read so many different things!

7. Coop Scoop Boogie

Coop Scoop Boogie Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] new folks......glad to meet you [​IMG]

thinking I'll be at the swap too [​IMG]

doubt I'd be able to miss it and want to get my bunny from Bhep [​IMG]

might bring a pigeon or twenty......talking DH into it [​IMG]

8. Hollowoakfarm

Hollowoakfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2012
    Parkton, NC
    Pigeons??

But...my pigeon house is not set up yet!!

So....what kind of pigeons do you have, anyway? I'm wanting squabbing birds.

9. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    Bunny ??? What bunny ???? [​IMG]

OOOOoooo you mean that ADORABLE little fluff ball ? [​IMG] That little cutie looks like a stuffed animal ! LOL

10. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    We had to put Flexy down.[​IMG]

She was doing really well after she slept a couple hours. She was eating and drinking. I gave her about 20 mealworms that she gobbled down in her usual manner.

When Mom got home we were able to really check her over. The side and back I think would have healed with time and alot of TLC, but we found a bigger problem. She had a good size piece of intestine hanging from her vent. It had been torn off inside her and was a mangled piece of meat hanging by a corner. There was no way to even try to fix that. Maybe with major surgery at a Vet's office, but that is way more then we could afford. Instead of waiting for the inevitable infection we put her to rest.

She is buried next to her sister, Specks, who died from a snake bite in '09. They were hatched by me, by incubator, May 28, 2005. Both had good lives and I hope were happy during their time. Their remaining sister, Midnight, is still going strong.

Matt

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by