North Carolina

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by ruachicken1, Sep 25, 2008.

1. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    cute ducks Beth, DO NOT LET #1DD SEE THEM!!!!

Luke, I have a frizzled cochin hen and a sizzle hen (frizzled silkie) I could do chicks later this spring if you want, but I don't have any extras now, sorry. Coopscoop and Bhep are working on frizzled ees and frizzled nn ees.

PS my bos havent gone broody, but this is year two for them on laying and they got moved alot last year [​IMG] But I have read that they do go broody some times.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  2. LukesCityHens

LukesCityHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2011
    Fayetteville
    Thanks! I'll keep looking around, and keep me in mind if you do frizzle cochins!

3. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    I have frizzled Cochin, so does Greeneacres. She just lost 2 of her hens this am, so I am not sure what she has. I have been setting eggs from the frizzles, I will let you know what I get, should all be hatched in the next 2-3 weeks.

4. LukesCityHens

LukesCityHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2011
    Fayetteville
    Thanks Beth!
    update: the land I bought is not in TN it was on the river in Linden, but my cousin (the realtor) made me a deal for 6 acres instead of 3 but it is not on the river =(
    everyone is doing good and I'm not moving just most of the chicken are going to the property after it gets finished being built (who knows how long it will take)
    all else is well! my girlfriend discovered she could vent sex the chicks!?!
    it's kind of interesting and weird at the same time but I found out I have more girls than I thought! =)

5. CelesteG

CelesteG Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2012
    Alamance County, NC
    Me too....frizzle or sizzle :)

6. jenanneray

jenanneray Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Franklinton, NC
    Good afternoon, everyone!

Im soo sorry for your loss, green acre. Those were beautiful girls.

I went to tractor supply today to look at the chicks. They had some black giants, ducks, production reds and some cornish x. There was also a bin with white pullets, no breed listed, so I asked the girl (that had just helped someone else pick out chicks) if they were leghorns, and she replies, "no, theyre just plain old pullets." .....What.....? :p

I was surprised they had black giants, I may go back and get some.

I hope every one is staying pretty dry, my yard is just slippery mud. I wanted to start getting my garden ready to put in some greens, but worried those tiny seeds will float away if (when) it rains again.

7. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

I am absolutely crazy

I have around 20 chicks in the brooder, 18 eggs just stuck on lockdown, another 30 eggs in the incubator and 42 eggs just arrived in the mail this morning....

[​IMG]

8. NewHomesteader2010

NewHomesteader2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Johnston County, NC
    AWE!!!!! I want some!! LOL...oh hey, we're going to be having a sewing "class" next week if you want to come by!! LOL DoubleA bought a sewing machine!! [​IMG]

Green - so sorry for your loss...they were beautiful girls and well loved.[​IMG]Praying you will be able to get the back fixed and have no more problems!! [​IMG]

I just have to brag for a moment...I am NOT handy whatsoever, but I did a "handy" thing today. After waiting 2 weeks for DH to fix the toilet seat - I managed to figure out how to take it off and put a new one on!! Did you know those stupid things have nuts on the screws...lol, I was chanting "leftie lucie, righty tightie" and couldn't figure out why nothing was happening....stupid nut!! Nevertheless, I got it!! WOOT...now that I am feeling handy...I think this weekend I may build a potato box!! Spoke with DoubleA about growing potatoes and found some easy to follow plans online...just might have to do it (it beats throwing the potatoes away that have "sprouted"). Anyone know if we can grow sweet potatoes in our area & if so, if you can do the whole box thing?!? Now, I am off to search Google for the answer!! LOL.

9. BHep

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    [​IMG]

10. BHep

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    There are fields upon fields of Sweet Potatoes all around my next of the woods ( fields).
    Let me know what day for sewing class. I can't figure out if it is me or my machine. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by