North Carolina

AWE!!!!! I want some!! LOL...oh hey, we're going to be having a sewing "class" next week if you want to come by!! LOL DoubleA bought a sewing machine!!
bun.gif

Green - so sorry for your loss...they were beautiful girls and well loved.
hugs.gif
Praying you will be able to get the back fixed and have no more problems!!
fl.gif

I just have to brag for a moment...I am NOT handy whatsoever, but I did a "handy" thing today. After waiting 2 weeks for DH to fix the toilet seat - I managed to figure out how to take it off and put a new one on!! Did you know those stupid things have nuts on the screws...lol, I was chanting "leftie lucie, righty tightie" and couldn't figure out why nothing was happening....stupid nut!! Nevertheless, I got it!! WOOT...now that I am feeling handy...I think this weekend I may build a potato box!! Spoke with DoubleA about growing potatoes and found some easy to follow plans online...just might have to do it (it beats throwing the potatoes away that have "sprouted"). Anyone know if we can grow sweet potatoes in our area & if so, if you can do the whole box thing?!? Now, I am off to search Google for the answer!! LOL.

our sweet potatoes do very well, always more than we can eat or give away

AWE!!!!! I want some!! LOL...oh hey, we're going to be having a sewing "class" next week if you want to come by!! LOL DoubleA bought a sewing machine!!
bun.gif

Green - so sorry for your loss...they were beautiful girls and well loved.
hugs.gif
Praying you will be able to get the back fixed and have no more problems!!
fl.gif

I just have to brag for a moment...I am NOT handy whatsoever, but I did a "handy" thing today. After waiting 2 weeks for DH to fix the toilet seat - I managed to figure out how to take it off and put a new one on!! Did you know those stupid things have nuts on the screws...lol, I was chanting "leftie lucie, righty tightie" and couldn't figure out why nothing was happening....stupid nut!! Nevertheless, I got it!! WOOT...now that I am feeling handy...I think this weekend I may build a potato box!! Spoke with DoubleA about growing potatoes and found some easy to follow plans online...just might have to do it (it beats throwing the potatoes away that have "sprouted"). Anyone know if we can grow sweet potatoes in our area & if so, if you can do the whole box thing?!? Now, I am off to search Google for the answer!! LOL.

I was given an old sewing machine, I am lost on figuring it out...I think it needs 'tuning' do you tune sewing machines? Don't you have to grease and oil them? It seems to work fine but sticks here and there and I think this is why...May need to schedule a personal sewing class with you - LMAO Sewing is one thing I have never been good at, and have always wanted to be able to accomplish - may just need to buy a new sewing machine and play around and teach myself.

I was given an old sewing machine, I am lost on figuring it out...I think it needs 'tuning' do you tune sewing machines? Don't you have to grease and oil them? It seems to work fine but sticks here and there and I think this is why...May need to schedule a personal sewing class with you - LMAO Sewing is one thing I have never been good at, and have always wanted to be able to accomplish - may just need to buy a new sewing machine and play around and teach myself.

SOS - I know absolutely nothing about tuning a sewing machine...depending on the kind, it could be simply adding oil or something much more complicated. I can barely change a toilet seat, so machines are NOT my forte!! LOL. As for sewing, I maintain, if you can read a ruler, you can sew just fine...if you cannot read a ruler, well, measuring will be a challenge, but you'll still sew fine. LOL. My mother can't read a ruler to save her life, and yet she managed to make many many outfits for us as children (sadly, she had a brain aneurysm and that affected her memory so she no longer remembers how, but you see my point) so I will quote her and say, "if I can do it, anyone can do it!!" lol.

BHep - I will keep you posted. I always blame my machine...that's why my seams are NEVER straight.
gig.gif
That is usually my second excuse, but I can't use being left handed as an excuse for sewing, so it has to be the machine's fault. So when in doubt...blame it!! LOL I won't tell!!
wink.png

Thank you for the heads up on the sweet potatoes everyone!! My DD LOVES sweet potatoes and I thought I'd try growing them rather than always buying them. Now I know it's worth a shot!! I have a double project this weekend then...to make 2 small "tater" boxes...I guess I'd better label them so I know which is for her and which is for us!! LOL. Thanks again everyone!! Further proof BYC is THE place to go!!
big_smile.png

If I use sand in my coop, do I need certain quality sand?
When do mallards feather out and if I clip their wings could they still fly over a 6ft fence?

Probably not over a 6' fence. I clip one wing on my muscovies and they can't go over the fence unless up on the hill where they can get some lift but thats uaually only one of the girls.

Back
Top Bottom