1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

North Carolina

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by ruachicken1, Sep 25, 2008.

1. LukesCityHens

LukesCityHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2011
    Fayetteville
    What kind of chickens do you have? are you looking for anything?

Everyone: keep me posted on some full sized frizzles! I wanna get them and started before it gets too hot!
    anyone know if the Sanford flock swap is still on?

2. Hollowoakfarm

Hollowoakfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2012
    Parkton, NC
    Thanks for the heads-up on the flock swap!

3. chickie fam

chickie fam Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2011
    Erwin, NC
    I'm trying to find out too! I hope its still on, I've been super excited about it!!

4. NewHomesteader2010

NewHomesteader2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Johnston County, NC
    [​IMG] Sorry Miss Lydia, it was NOT me chasing the ball, nor DD but the chickens. You'd think they'd have learned by now that the giant blue thing is NOT something they can eat!!

I am on it!! Never thought of boiling up everything...I thought I had to scramble them or something and was NOT interested in doing that. I am happy to hear that I don't have to do much...although, I guess I need to invest in a potato masher!! [​IMG] Had my doctor's appointment today. I am measuring small (nothing new...I had a small baby #1) and have consistently had low platelet counts, so they rechecked my blood...BUT, I am all set to go on 3/27....you just keep praying for that day!! LOL...my mother likes that day as well and DH says it's OK, he'd prefer 4/1!! I'm sure DoubleA will be happy as our sewing class will not interfere with that and she will not be forced to break in her labor kit!! [​IMG]

[​IMG] You just made my day RF!! I don't know if this girl is going broody or not, but it is definitely a "new" thing happening in the coop!! Last night whomever had 6 eggs buried under the shaving and I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for a sole egg in the back that I scooped out and in doing so disturbed the "nest". Perhaps I will find someone sitting in a box sometime soon!! If not, I will just hope one day I walk in to the sound of chicks!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  5. LukesCityHens

LukesCityHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2011
    Fayetteville
    I just called and he said "it's still on as of right now" but as we can all see the weatherman is changing the forecast almost hourly!
    GAH!!! a meteorologist is the only person that can be wrong everyday and not get fired!

6. mayberrygirl

mayberrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Mount Airy, NC
    Uhg, ok, I have a problem, a pretty big problem. There are some ppl that live behind my SILs house on the other side of a cow pasture and they have guinnies (sp?). They just let these darn things roam where ever. My SIL says she has mentioned it to them, but now those crazy things are coming into my yard, all up at my run and plucking my flock! Short of shooting them, building a fence, or having to chase them off 5 times a day (cause it gets really old), how can I do to keep them away?

7. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

besides what you mentioned - nothing. Trust me I know personally - besides a dog who hates them, shooting them, catching and getting rid of them, shooing them off, or fencing them OUT of your chicken yard - theres no way to get rid of them.

8. chickie fam

chickie fam Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2011
    Erwin, NC

[​IMG] I just hope they don't cancel at the last minute. I don't have their phone number, would you be able to keep me posted if you hear if it gets canceled?

9. ColoredEggHome

ColoredEggHome Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    Jacksonville, NC
    There will be a Flock Swap in Richlands (Onslow County) Saturday March 17th if anyone is interested. It will be at Onslow Grain and Feed.
    I'm looking for some easter eggers. Hopefully I can find some there since I'm having zero luck everywhere else I've looked.

10. mayberrygirl

mayberrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Mount Airy, NC
    How many you want? I am in Mount Airy and getting ready to hatch some.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by