North Carolina

Can we back this week up and start over?

Yesterday I made a lovely chocolate cream cheese pound cake to take to work today.  I dropped it on the way out the door.  Then my service dog, Jake, refused to get in the car for the first time ever.  We had a scary incident Tuesday night, where he got scared by a Hummer in the Walmart parking lot and I ended up taking a hard fall.  (Several people came to see the commotion, looked at me lying on the ground...then walked off.  One angel lady finally helped me.)  Not only am I beat up and sore from the fall, but my leg brace is now bent.  and I may have problems with Jake stemming from Tuesday night.

I just want to back up a few days, please and get a do-over.

That is all.  Whine-fest is now over.

I can not believe people would just walk by you and not help. That is disheartening to me. I am so sorry it took so long for someone nice to come along. I use to have a severely disabled son in a wheelchair. Few would help but many would stare. Makes me sick that others would rather stare than give a lending hand. I hope your day will improve and Jake will be okay.

Sorry to hear that things have been rough! If you ever need anything, even company we would love to hang out! We hate Hummers, it's a Jeep thing. My buddy has a sticker on his Jeep that say's "H2 Hummer recovery vehicle". They are just big point less vehicles that can't get out of a mud puddle, usually the drivers aren't much better
barnie.gif

Yesterday I made a lovely chocolate cream cheese pound cake to take to work today. I dropped it on the way out the door. Then my service dog, Jake, refused to get in the car for the first time ever. We had a scary incident Tuesday night, where he got scared by a Hummer in the Walmart parking lot and I ended up taking a hard fall. (Several people came to see the commotion, looked at me lying on the ground...then walked off. One angel lady finally helped me.) Not only am I beat up and sore from the fall, but my leg brace is now bent. and I may have problems with Jake stemming from Tuesday night.

That is all. Whine-fest is now over.

Last edited:

Yesterday I made a lovely chocolate cream cheese pound cake to take to work today. I dropped it on the way out the door. Then my service dog, Jake, refused to get in the car for the first time ever. We had a scary incident Tuesday night, where he got scared by a Hummer in the Walmart parking lot and I ended up taking a hard fall. (Several people came to see the commotion, looked at me lying on the ground...then walked off. One angel lady finally helped me.) Not only am I beat up and sore from the fall, but my leg brace is now bent. and I may have problems with Jake stemming from Tuesday night.

That is all. Whine-fest is now over.
What is the world coming to that ppl don't stop and help?? Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Thank you for the offer, I will be riding with another BYCer who lurks around but doesn't post. I look forward to meeting you. And I'll be crossing my fingers for one of your girls to go broody.

Okay look forward to meeting you too, and my bantam hen is back on the duck eggs this morning a total of 9 or more so if she wants to brood them I'll have to take some away theres noway she could keep that many ducklings warm. LOL so maybe some ducklings after all!!

I feel the need to apologize for my whine-fest this morning. I should not have vented here. However, I do thank you for the sympathy. I needed some. Jake and I will hang out with chickens this weekend until we feel better, and then begin again. Chickens are a great stress reliever. Too bad I have another week to go on my incubator!

And I'll bake another cake on Sunday to bring to work on Monday.
droolin.gif

I was curious if anyone has had experience with bantam sultans? I ordered one in my batch with my 3 silkies but I was wondering maybe I should change to another silkies. I read what a pet friendly breed they were so I picked one but now maybe think I should just get all silkies. Any words of wisdom?

Back
Top Bottom