North Carolina

Gibsonville in Guilford County

Hi Ray & Kat, I hope you enjoy your vist here <BG> maybe even stay around for awhile, none of us bite too hard.
welcome-byc.gif

Scott

Quote:

We need something more permanent because the sheep use them as scratching posts and knock them down. Hitting them with the weedeater occasionally will be easier than setting them back up a couple times a day. And they do no good if they are collapsed on the ground. Something big enough to be stable against the sheep is going to be too big to move comfortably.

Unless you've got some good ideas you want to share? I'm all ears if you do!

We had planned on going to the show yesterday, but didn't. Instead we went up to Harris lake. I found a bench in the shade where I could knit and listen to audiobooks, and hubby took his kayak out and hunted fish. (I can no longer get in and out of a kayak, so I am shore-bound.) Then we swung by Angiers on the way back, and picked up two cypress trees to replace ones that died, and four apple trees to go around the soon-to-be chicken house for shade and fall snacks. The trees all get planted today. There is a mimosa at the building already, but more shade will be nice, even if there won't be much from them for a while.

We're having a visit next weekend. Another mastiff is coming for a "play date", and to see how she does with chickens and cats. The owner has asked us to adopt her. I'm hoping she fits in here, as she needs a happy place to be. And my three Boys would be thrilled to have a sister. Cross your crossables for her, please. If she wants to eat birds, it will not work. The sheep stay in the pasture, but the chickens and turkeys often come out in the yard.

Finished the coop last night, the chickens spent their first night there last night. Before the coop was done they spent their days in a temp. run.

here are some pics of the coop.
we are working on the run today. :)
d
The inside paint job was done by the my 9 and 8 year old. LOL We are planning on doing a second coat at a later date. They did a great job and only complained a little.

Need to make a ramp to the roosts.

Sharon

Sorry I had forgot about that part of your other post, No good ideas on a Mobile hide.

We had planned on going to the show yesterday, but didn't. Instead we went up to Harris lake. I found a bench in the shade where I could knit and listen to audiobooks, and hubby took his kayak out and hunted fish. (I can no longer get in and out of a kayak, so I am shore-bound.) Then we swung by Angiers on the way back, and picked up two cypress trees to replace ones that died, and four apple trees to go around the soon-to-be chicken house for shade and fall snacks. The trees all get planted today. There is a mimosa at the building already, but more shade will be nice, even if there won't be much from them for a while.

We're having a visit next weekend. Another mastiff is coming for a "play date", and to see how she does with chickens and cats. The owner has asked us to adopt her. I'm hoping she fits in here, as she needs a happy place to be. And my three Boys would be thrilled to have a sister. Cross your crossables for her, please. If she wants to eat birds, it will not work. The sheep stay in the pasture, but the chickens and turkeys often come out in the yard.

yuckyuck.gif
Are your boys all fixed? If not will you sell any of the pups?

Scott

Finished the coop last night, the chickens spent their first night there last night. Before the coop was done they spent their days in a temp. run.

here are some pics of the coop.
we are working on the run today. :)
d
The inside paint job was done by the my 9 and 8 year old. LOL We are planning on doing a second coat at a later date. They did a great job and only complained a little.

Need to make a ramp to the roosts.

Sharon

I the roof on your temp run! Good luck with the permanent coop!

Good Morning folks
frow.gif

Hollow.....got everything crossed for ya and the "little" girl
fl.gif

Moores........great looking coop.......
I'm sure the chickens will love it
D.gif

looks like it's going to be a pretty day......
too nice to stay inside for me
treeswing.gif

good luck to all the WCA folks
let us know how it went
4869.gif

hope everyone has a good day
128fs318181.gif

Quote:

Not all of The Boys are neutered yet. Jake is. Reilly is too young, as giant breeds should not be neutered before their growth plates close at around 18 months...causes all sorts of growth issues if done too early on them. And Murphy...well, Murphy is hubby's buddy, and hubby is guarding his buddy's testicles.
roll.png
But since Molly is spayed, we don't have to worry about pups. I don't think I'm up to dealing with puppies.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom