North Carolina

Quote:
Awww, that's wonderful! So glad they're getting along!
love.gif
love.gif

I sure hope s/he doesn't turn out to be a rooster for you (unless of course you want one!) but in case s/he does and you don't want to keep/eat him, let me know. There's a great farm out in Leicester with a huge free ranging chicken population and they will often take my extra roosters.

Oh, just a side note. You probably already know this, but I wouldn't keep them on newspaper. Especially for your little Brunswick, the slick surface can and will cause leg problems. Wood shavings (not cedar!) are typically best, but you can use a lot of things as long as they can get good footing.

Have fun with them!!

Quote:
love.gif
love.gif

I sure hope s/he doesn't turn out to be a rooster for you (unless of course you want one!) but in case s/he does and you don't want to keep/eat him, let me know. There's a great farm out in Leicester with a huge free ranging chicken population and they will often take my extra roosters.

Oh, just a side note. You probably already know this, but I wouldn't keep them on newspaper. Especially for your little Brunswick, the slick surface can and will cause leg problems. Wood shavings (not cedar!) are typically best, but you can use a lot of things as long as they can get good footing.

Have fun with them!!

Thank you again!!!! They have been loving on each other all morning! Brunswick was even under "Rachel or Ray"'s wing for a bit! I did get them shavings last night. I forgot to bring some inside, so I had to heat them for a bit .... Grandmother needed her pictures fast you know! I will love he or she regardless! I'm attatched, and I am committed for it's healthy life!
Thanks again
Peace,
Story

Quote:
love.gif
love.gif

Have fun with them!!

Thank you again!!!! They have been loving on each other all morning! Brunswick was even under "Rachel or Ray"'s wing for a bit! I did get them shavings last night. I forgot to bring some inside, so I had to heat them for a bit .... Grandmother needed her pictures fast you know! I will love he or she regardless! I'm attatched, and I am committed for it's healthy life!
Thanks again
Peace,
Story

love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
I love happy beginnings/endings!

Just a reminder for all NC guys and gals! I hope a bunch of you fine folks can make it, looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting lots of new NC BYC folks!!

More info here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=435315&p=1

Friendship Poultry Club Presents its
Annual Winter Poultry Show

Saturday
February 12, 2011

Burke County Fairgrounds
145 Bost Rd
Morganton, NC 28655

Map to FairGrounds: http://www.burkecountyfair.org/map.jpg
Google
Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=145+Bost+Rd,+Morganton,+NC

Open
to the Public -- Feel Free to come and look around

Building opens at 6am for exhibitors to start cooping their birds. State Testers will be there till 9am.

Judging starts at 9am, all birds must be cooped by then. As a row is being judged it will be roped off. Enjoy the other rows in the mean time. Interfering with the Judges will not be tolerated.

There will be a Silent Auction and Raffle for donated items and birds.
*****If anyone is interested in donating any items, breeding pairs, or females you can bring them to me the day of the show. I will get them setup where they need to be.*****

There is always an Outside Sales Area.

Please, Visit the Concession Stand to support the hosting Club.

Last edited:
Well just got back from the vets not to long ago. He wormed her and gave her meds for the upper respiratory infection she has. Her little back legs are messed up from not getting any nutrition. When I took out side to use the bathroom it became clear that she was infested with worms. Now I am worried my other dogs will get worms.

Quote:
If you talk to your vet they may just give you wormer without taking each dog in. Mine always does. It's handy for when I get one dropped off in the yard and we aren't home to monitor everyone.

Back
Top Bottom