North Carolina

The 5% carbaryl sevin dust is safe for animals. Dust birds and coops. If I have bugs on/around chicks I do dust the chicks too. Just gently rub in a pinch on each chick. You need to get under the feathers and fluff. Be sure the dust the vents the most as that is where alot of bugs will gather.

Matt

Thank you so much for the advice!! DD is a little "young" at 19months to be training according to all those blasted "experts" but she is the one who told me she was a big girl and wanted to wear panties, so I have let her. The first 2 days were AMAZING (did the whole naked routine, inside though because of the other wee one, YAY for hardwood floors...lol) - she had one accident, freaked out, cleaned up the mess herself, and then sat on her little potty when she needed to go. Yesterday was our setback, but I understand we will have those. We do cloth diapers, so all I did was lower the snaps so they fit my infant which doesn't really matter, because she cries if you put her back in diapers. I will admit to putting them on her at night because she is such a hard sleeper she doesn't wake up - not even if I TRY to wake her up (which I thought, hey if I am up nursing, I might as well take her to the potty too to try...but it was like trying to wake a hibernating bear!! LOL).
hugs.gif
Thank you again for the advice & support. It means a lot, especially since we do not have family around here to lean on for "sage" advice.
smile.png

Animal news: DH is finally liking the idea of goats - he ended up getting some poison ivy from chasing a chick around the coop to lock it up last night!! Also, our kitten is FINALLY old enough and big enough to go and become slightly "less" of a female cat today!! Somehow I wrote it in my calendar for next week...so glad they call with reminders, or else I wouldn't have been there!! OOPS!! Other than that, the stray "barn" cat we've adopted has definitely had her kittens - although I do not know where she has had them (bummer...there's nothing cuter than kittens). If I can find a low cost spay program I am going to try to catch her and have her fixed & re-released (that is once her babies are old enough to go without mom). Anyone know of anything like that?? Back home, there was a program that allowed you to trap, fix and rerelease strays/ferals for under $50!! Well, must be to the vets by 7:30, so I guess I better get going.

Have a great day everyone!!
Contact your Animal Control, they often know of low cost spay/neuter clinics. Pretty much all the stray cats in Pender Co. seem to end up at my house!! Thankfully, we have a clinic nearby.

frow.gif

FINALLY BACK ONLINE
wee.gif

Internet was down since yesterday morning, I have been in withdrawals. Century Link finally got out here to fix the problem.
clap.gif

Too much to update, all is well.

de from what I have read will help keep them at bay but not get rid of the bugs, 7 dust will kill the bugs. I use 7 dust on everything, even under a broody to keep ants off of the hatching eggs

frow.gif

FINALLY BACK ONLINE
wee.gif

Internet was down since yesterday morning, I have been in withdrawals. Century Link finally got out here to fix the problem.
clap.gif

Too much to update, all is well.

Welcome back! We sure missed you.
wink.png

de from what I have read will help keep them at bay but not get rid of the bugs, 7 dust will kill the bugs. I use 7 dust on everything, even under a broody to keep ants off of the hatching eggs

7 dust all the way.... on the hens, in the nest, in the coop.

I will be getting 2 bags at Tractor Supply, tomorrow..... it is good to put on buggy plants in the garden & outside dogs for fleas, too. (Good Stuff)
thumbsup.gif

I knew it was coming, but it's sooner than I wanted. I need to swap out all the 55 gal metal drums I have for 33 gal metal trash cans with lids. The ones in the respective chicken houses and sheep sheds are kept up on cinder blocks to keep them off the ground. I used to keep an extra block to step up on to be able to reach in to get to the bottom. I can't step up safely on a block anymore, so I can't reach the bottom third of the drum! I can still reach the ones in the feedroom because they sit flat on the floor, but it's still not easy so they should go too. It's not like I still have a herd of dairy goats or a winter flock of sheep anymore though, so I don't need to store as much feed as I used to.

Two drums are already claimed in a chicken swap with CSB, but if anyone wants to swap me a trash can for a drum, let me know!
wink.png
I'll have to count how many we have, total. Half a dozen at least. I think.

(Otherwise, I'll go buy trash cans, and then swap drums for chickens or chicken feed!)
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom