North Carolina

Bumblefoot-have any people local to me handled this themselves? I have a young leghorn hen that I noticed limping. Upon closer inspection, she has a large bulging "blister" between two toes (On top) and on her "heel" (in back)...This is the only thing I can think of....Does it sound like bumblefoot to you guys? I have seen the instructions for removing bumbles and to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I can handle doing that.

Is anyone in my area willing to help or have ideas? I make good sangria.....

it is so good to see no predator reports! My grandson came in last night and said our 5-6 foot long black snake was under the porch steps earlier in the day, but was gone now. So hubby and I got busy and reinforced the brooder with .5 in hardware cloth panels. Brooder is on the porch! Any suggestions on introducing babies to the flock, will keep them in the brooder for another week or so, but i like to plan ahead. Could it be possible that I have 6/8 that are hens? Looking at feathers and feather development, that is what I am thinking!
Hope everyone has a great day! Fresh broccoli from the garden and have to go pick up our CSA box before heading to work tonight!

phew
ep.gif
it sure is hot outside already today......hope everyone's ac is working fine.......im so excited my little Thai monsters are hatchin
wee.gif
lau.gif
If your little Thai chickens are anything like I seen back in '72 (spent a year in country with the Air Force) you will have your hands full! Seemed to be all leg and 'dude, not scared of anything that I seen.
Have fun and let us know how it's going?
Scott

Why is it when you are in a hurry to get chores done before the rain and lighting starts up again do you find something worng that must be fixed now?
barnie.gif

I gota wonder just who or what I ****** off in my missspent youth, that I am paying for now.
1 VERY flat tire on the hay truck, and 1 about 5 foot or so rat snake in the EE coop with one of the biggest eggs stuffed in it's mouth.
I hope everybody else had a good day.
Scott

Good Evening Everyone!! I am SO happy to report that DH and I were FINALLY able to catch and wrangle a very "naked" chicken and get her dressed with a saddle. I am sadden to report that for some reason they are pecking at her head (she has a little bald spot) and she is the alpha female...I am guessing someone is trying to take over her position??

On a family note: DD2 rolled over today...can you believe that happens at 2mo?!? ARG!! Time flies far too fast!! I think I may need to have another one soon if this is the case!!
lau.gif

ETA: While I was typing this...DD2 pooped all over DH!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
FINALLY he gets "hit"...LOL Sorry, I HAD to share this with someone who MIGHT find this as humorous as I did!! (Hey, I've had my fair share of getting bodily functions expelled on me).

Last edited:
Hey ya'll,
Got tired of staring thru tiny wire to see my bantys, so decided to throw them in with my BR's and BSL's. Rojo, my little bully of a banty, is still free ranging. Seems to be the only way he isn't about to kill or be killed.....
I'm wondering if anybody has experience with large breeds mating with bantys, and what implications i could expect.
Gracias

Back
Top Bottom