North Carolina

ooohhhh I can get you white eggs
big_smile.png

1 of my 5.5 month old EEs started laying 2 days ago. She has laid 2 nice medium sized bluish/green egg. I think it was 'Noisy Nell', but it could have been her sister. Both are partridge looking. 'Nell' was just named 2 days ago. She has been following me around constantly for a few weeks 'talking' constantly. She ain't loud, but is persistent. She likes treats and has gotten really tame. Even when I pick her up she still doesn't shut up, just keeps right on talking. 2 days ago I was going to call her noisy girl and for some reason it came out 'Noisy Nell'. Some just pick their own names.

Matt

Last edited:
Good morning folks
frow.gif

It's going to be nice to see our state clutter
free again as now all those signs will
disappear .......some of those things
block your view at corners for traffic
tongue.gif

congrats double on those nice blues
.....pretty and big
congrats Matt on your EE.....she
sounds like a nice one

hope everyone has a good day
clap.gif

Good Morning Everyone!! I hope today is a nice day for you all. I am off to do more baking and what's that?? More baking...there may be some coloring and book reading in there later on in the day too!! Hehe

Good Morning, Everyone!

Today is chick shipping day! Woohoo!
ya.gif
Can't wait to get them. First time I've ordered from Welp, and I did so because they had breeds I wanted and were still shipping, so we'll see what I get!
fl.gif
I've got two more orders planned for 2013...more chicks and more poults. Whoops...three orders, because we're going to try quail, too.
big_smile.png
No more pheasants, even though they are beautiful. We'll just buy feathers for DS and hubby to use for fly tying, and I'll admire everyone elses birds!
love.gif
No more ducks and geese, although when I quit having sheep some year, I'll likely get at least geese back. (far range planning here!)
wink.png

Still dreaming.

But hey, in six months or so, I'll have real eggs to eat again,
yesss.gif
instead of washed out, anemic, old store eggs.
sickbyc.gif

Have a great day today everyone. It's going to be chilly!

Good morning to all my Flock Friends!!!!! Now that I have no campaign commercials to watch i have free time again.
lau.gif
.. Ok... Ok...Ill be here all week!
Truly I've been missing out. Lots has happened in the past few months and my head has been other places... My wife and I have had to split up
he.gif
....Not what I wanted , but sometimes things don't work out. Luckily for me got all my Birds and Dogs. Life will go on I suppose....
The good news::: I did however get to move to my Folks home and have been able to relieve them of many of the constant chores that they really shouldn't be doing. Including my moms Barn... Or should i say MY BARN!!!!!! I lived here for eight years before they did and cherish this property. I am truly blessed to have such a great set of Parents who love me unconditionally! And let me tell ya, the FOOD...well my Moms is an Extrordinary Chef! and Dad is not far behind. instead of me eating just dinner, I'm sitting down at the table again for a minimum of two meals a day. enough about me....

On to the big question of the day.....I have a good friend who lives up the street (Haywood County) who has three Saanen goats, they are also coming into season. They need to borrow or rent a Saanen Stud!
Please pm me if ya got an idea for me! i love the milk and really want them to have more and they do too.

I also still have two extra Partrige Silkies Roosters that are free to great homes! I would love a few Aracaunas hens or pullets if any has a few for sale! Moms "Peace" is six years old and no longer giving me any blue eggs :(

Peace,
Story

I have a non-chicken dilemma, but you are all smart people so I thought I'd ask your opinion.

Dogs. I have three mastiffs. Well, two and a half, but don't tell Murphy he's a cross! Jake works for me as a mobility service dog, although his personality is a bit "soft" for the job. He's developing arthritis in one knee, which means he'll need to be phased out of working. I've already quit asking him to carry a pack, and quit having him brace me on stairs. He's just doing balance work now. Of the other two dogs, Murphy is physically sound, but very protective of his people. He would not be a good candidate to train to replace Jake, plus he's older. Reilly is a great size and great temperament, and was actually purchased to train, but he had knee surgery at seven months, and will never be sound enough to work.

So, the first question is...do I get a fourth large dog to train? Or go back permanently on forearm crutches? (I hate the crutches, for many reasons.) Second thing... a former student-current friend, who is also disabled, raises show quality Great Danes. She had her too-small pet quality male jump a fence and breed her show female, and she's offered me a free pup to train. She breeds for soundness, temperament and longivity, so a lot of plusses there. He'd be able to start balance work at about 18 mos, when his growth plates close. And that would time out nicely with phasing Jake out.

BUT...that's FOUR VERY LARGE DOGS!! Sure, we have the space for them to run and play. There's a bit of floor in the house that we can provide for another dog. We can feed him and do medical stuff. But, four. large. dogs!

I haven't even broached the subject with hubby, although when we found out Jake had arthritis, he did ask me if I wanted to get another to train. But I'm pretty sure he wanted me to say no.

Geez. I need help figuring out the pros and cons and weighing everything logically. I'm just not being logical. My innerds are screaming...Puppy Breath!

Help!

I have a non-chicken dilemma, but you are all smart people so I thought I'd ask your opinion.

Dogs. I have three mastiffs. Well, two and a half, but don't tell Murphy he's a cross! Jake works for me as a mobility service dog, although his personality is a bit "soft" for the job. He's developing arthritis in one knee, which means he'll need to be phased out of working. I've already quit asking him to carry a pack, and quit having him brace me on stairs. He's just doing balance work now. Of the other two dogs, Murphy is physically sound, but very protective of his people. He would not be a good candidate to train to replace Jake, plus he's older. Reilly is a great size and great temperament, and was actually purchased to train, but he had knee surgery at seven months, and will never be sound enough to work.

So, the first question is...do I get a fourth large dog to train? Or go back permanently on forearm crutches? (I hate the crutches, for many reasons.) Second thing... a former student-current friend, who is also disabled, raises show quality Great Danes. She had her too-small pet quality male jump a fence and breed her show female, and she's offered me a free pup to train. She breeds for soundness, temperament and longivity, so a lot of plusses there. He'd be able to start balance work at about 18 mos, when his growth plates close. And that would time out nicely with phasing Jake out.

BUT...that's FOUR VERY LARGE DOGS!! Sure, we have the space for them to run and play. There's a bit of floor in the house that we can provide for another dog. We can feed him and do medical stuff. But, four. large. dogs!

I haven't even broached the subject with hubby, although when we found out Jake had arthritis, he did ask me if I wanted to get another to train. But I'm pretty sure he wanted me to say no.

Geez. I need help figuring out the pros and cons and weighing everything logically. I'm just not being logical. My innerds are screaming...Puppy Breath!

Help!

Sounds like you should get another one since all the others are having so many problems. You know you would love pampering another one. I would also keep having the others do small tasks that way they feel a bit happy that they can still help. I know if someone made me stop doing something I liked, I would be sad. Good luck

Help!

I can't remember how old the ones you have are.....

Can you supplement the ones with joint issues to get more time out of them? I agree that you need a service dog and if the ones you have aren't able to work then I think another dog is needed.

Back
Top Bottom