North Carolina

Good Morning everyone :frow hope you all have a happy Monday. :welcome to all the new flockers. I had a super busy weekend, got to see my best friend and my godson, and they stayed the weekend here, my godson is 3, and he loved the chickens and ducks :love, he informed his mommy that he was gonna be a farmer when he grew up :D
We had babies hatch while they were here so he got to watch a chick hatch, and watch mama lily take care of them. And then he learned real fast you dont try to take the babies away from mommy.

Well I do sumatras and sliver and golden lakenvelders. The lakenvelders are hard to hatch and keep alive
he.gif
. But there are several odd or rare breeds. I guess you can say that my silkies and polish are odd breeds also
lau.gif
but you can do a search for rare breeds to find some that you like.
I just know the show is Dec 8 in Smithfield, someone else will have to chime in here
hide.gif

What kind of birds do you have now?

Well where to start ....The show is held at the Johnston County Livestock Arena on County Home Rd
we have just under 1000 birds entered in the show.We have a wide range of breeds and varieties ... ..
Not sure of them all and there will be some for sale. We have exhibitors coming from SC,GA,VA,NC and MD
Our judges are from SC ,VA Wisconsin

Wil Hanley

Well my babies are 4 weeks old now ~ is it too cold outside to let them walk around for a little while? I've kept them in the kitchen for 4 weeks, I think they are going stir crazy.

I have one that has become attached to me, Carrie. The exchequer leghorn. She's SO friendly! She roosts on my head, or my shoulder and we clean the house together. Sometimes she snuggles up by my neck, under my hair and falls asleep.
<3 my chicks!

Also, I'm searching for a phoenix ... I've got a few ppl to contact but none really local. Just keeping my eyes open and ears to the ground..

Thanks!

Well my babies are 4 weeks old now ~ is it too cold outside to let them walk around for a little while? I've kept them in the kitchen for 4 weeks, I think they are going stir crazy.

I have one that has become attached to me, Carrie. The exchequer leghorn. She's SO friendly! She roosts on my head, or my shoulder and we clean the house together. Sometimes she snuggles up by my neck, under my hair and falls asleep.
<3 my chicks!

Also, I'm searching for a phoenix ... I've got a few ppl to contact but none really local. Just keeping my eyes open and ears to the ground..

Thanks!

diggs where are you? I have phoenix. I have 1 chick now and will set a few more eggs for the New Years Hatch. My rooster is golden duckwing, my hens are BBR & silver. I will get some pics. Hatched them from another BYCer. Stewart Longtails is the farm, here is their BYC profile : https://www.backyardchickens.com/u/70005/onagadori

Well where to start ....The show is held at the Johnston County Livestock Arena on County Home Rd
we have just under 1000 birds entered in the show.We have a wide range of breeds and varieties ... ..
Not sure of them all and there will be some for sale. We have exhibitors coming from SC,GA,VA,NC and MD
Our judges are from SC ,VA Wisconsin

Wil Hanley
any sumatras that you know of? I'll leave you be after this
lau.gif
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom