North Carolina

Hello everyone!  It has been a few weeks since I have been on here.  Getting too busy I guess!  Hope everyone is doing well.  Well My flock is almost done to just layers.  I have a couple fatties left to get rid of and I guess cook in the crock pot : )   But I have two roosters out of my paid for pullets.  thanks Murray McMurray.  Is nine hens enough to have two roosters?  I hate the thought of having to get rid of one.  One is always around the ladies the other hangs out all by himself....

Have a great day chicken people!
I have 7 hens and 2 roosters...one very old huge white rock rooster, the other a barnyard bantam...they are not bantam sized, but not large fowl either...they are in between...anyway, they don't fight, but the hens aren't be on bred either...my eggs are infertile because both roosters live to make sure the other one isn't getting any...so that sucks, but I'll soon have many more hens. I also think we're going to eat the little guy. I don't want any small chickens...I am alright with the bantam mixes, but I prefer larger chickens...but the little guy is a super good rooster. He's very attentive to the hens, more so than the big guy...perhaps I could just make a bantam coop? That would work I guess.

:) I gOt 3 new hens today :celebrate. 1 Gold laced, 1 silver laced and 1 white crest blue. :woot

Good morning folks
frow.gif

the warm weather lately has been a very
pleasant change and I'm loving the longer
daylight hours in the evenings. So much of
the year I leave home for work in the dark
and get home in the dark and it nice to be
able to see the burst of spring in light.

hope your day is a good one
pop.gif

well did some more pen changes here for breeding groups. Got my blue laced polish hen in with a sliver laced roo and a bsl so I know which are her eggs (she was in with some blue laced polish roos and other polish hens so I couldn't tell which egg was hers)

have a great day everyone

Good Morning, Happy Chicken People!

CSB, you're so right! Doing chores and feeding in the dark, going to work in the dark, coming home from work in the dark, then doing evening chores in the dark. Half the year I only see my livestock on the weekends! I love this time of year! I still do morning chores in the dark, but the rest is in daylight! WooHoo! Hubby and I both love this time of year.

I've promised myself I'm going to count chickens this weekend. Not sure I reaaaaaaly want to, but I'm going to anyway!

Enjoy your day!

Good Morning happy chicken people!! I hope you have a fantastic day!! I promise to try and do diapers today since there is a call for rain this weekend...that way the rain can hit today and our weekend can be nice!! LOL...it was a thought!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom