North Carolina

welcome-byc.gif
new flockers

Quick question for those who use the brinsea ecoglow 20 egg incubator...
The local school wanted some of my eggs to hatch for their science class and ehen i went to set them with the teacher yesterday, 4 dutch eggs and 4 sizzles. We cut some styrofoam to put on either side of the eggs o the wouldnt fall. And a bit of papertowel inbetween each egg since they were right against eachother.

Now i dont use this kind of incubator, so i was wondering if this is a correct way of setting eggs? I could see if i could get oics if you would like :)

Welcome to all the new folks!! Lots of you, I see! To those who are new to chickens, remember to allow for at least double the amount of chickens you are planning to get. You will discover chicken math.

We are looking for bottle calves. My original source no longer provides them. We'd like four, if anyone knows where we can get them.

Hi there. I'm a newbie from Catawba County, NC. We finished our coop in the heat of the summer - just in time for cooler temps and for our new flock to arrive. They came to us last week and are settling in nicely. A bit of a hiccup though - we ordered 5 girls and ended up with 4 girls and a little rooster. We're in the city limits and can't keep him so if anyone is near Hickory, NC and interested in a 9 week old Easter Egger roo, let me know. I just want him to find a good home.

Last edited:
Quick question for those who use the brinsea ecoglow 20 egg incubator...
The local school wanted some of my eggs to hatch for their science class and ehen i went to set them with the teacher yesterday, 4 dutch eggs and 4 sizzles. We cut some styrofoam to put on either side of the eggs o the wouldnt fall. And a bit of papertowel inbetween each egg since they were right against eachother.

Now i dont use this kind of incubator, so i was wondering if this is a correct way of setting eggs? I could see if i could get oics if you would like
smile.png

I use a King Suro 20, which has a similar setup. I use rolled up paper napkins in 'extra' space. I do not put anything between the eggs. I don't think it would hurt anything to do that.

We still have 2 BCM roosters we are trying to find a home for.
Located in Sanford/Broadway NC would like to get $20 a piece for them or $30 for both.
They are from the Greenfire line and are very handsome

Back
Top Bottom