North Carolina

WANTED - ISO Buff Leghorn Hatching eggs, Chicks, Juveniles, Pullets or cockerels > 1 year old. Will drive 60 miles from Fayetteville to pick up

Welsummer rooster, 1 year old, for sale to a good home within an hour of Chapel Hill

Orlando is a handsome boy, purchased as a day-old pullet (oops) from Piedmont Feed & Garden Center on April 3, 2015 (They order their chicks from Privett Hatchery). He is an excellent protector of his flock, always searching the sky for signs of danger. I purchased him as a pullet because I am not supposed to have roosters where I live. My neighbors have been very tolerant of the pre-dawn wake-up calls, but the arrival of spring brings the time of year when neighbors like to keep their windows open -- not so great if there's a vocal rooster in the neighborhood. We tried the no-crow collar from My Pet Chicken last autumn, but without success. With the help of one of the hens, Orlando was able to unfasten it within a few hours every single time.

He isn't exceptionally mean or aggressive -- he doesn't attack my husband or me -- but he does not trust strangers or children and will attack them from behind if they are walking away from him. When he has gotten a bit too uppity with me in the past, all I have to do is pick him up and hold him with my right arm, and gently push his head down with my left hand. After a few minutes in this position, either sitting or walking around the yard while talking calmly to him, I put him down and we're good.

He's a good rooster, protective of his ladies and quick to break up any disturbances between them. If only he weren't so loud. :(

If interested in my beautiful boy, please PM me.

Hey, neighbors! I live in Forsyth County too! I'm in an area where I'm only allowed to have hens though:-(
I grew up on a farm in Wilkes though and had all the chickens I could ever want when I was a kid. Miss that life a lot. Hope y'all are enjoying having chickens as much as I do.
I am in Kernersville--but unincorporated so just try to be neighborly. We sell eggs via the Country Store located in Juntique Alleyway on Main Street in Kernersville.

Anyone going to the Forsyth Fowl Fanciers Poultry Show Saturday? I'll be there and I will be selling a few birds--so great to have the events open again.

I am in Kernersville--but unincorporated so just try to be neighborly.  We sell eggs via the Country Store located in Juntique Alleyway on Main Street in Kernersville. 

Anyone going to the Forsyth Fowl Fanciers Poultry Show Saturday?  I'll be there and I will be selling a few birds--so great to have the events open again.
About the event Saturday what time does it begin? Could you send me the address please. I would love to go.

About the event Saturday what time does it begin? Could you send me the address please. I would love to go.
Sure--it should be quite good--people are anxious to get out with thier birds and the weather is gonna be decent.

The easiest way to tell you is that it is on the corner of Coliseum Drive and University Parkway behind the Goodwill Industries complex. But the actual address is:
421 W. 27th Street Winston-Salem NC 27105

Gates open at 6AM, but not sure when the show starts--and the judging, etc. Go to www.poultrycentral.com and you can get the details. It is over at 3PM

Located in the Poultry Exhibition Building. It will be obvious with poultry for sale in the parking lots.

Hope to see you there! Tim

Hey y'all! The kids and I are headed to the Spring Show tomorrow! Can't wait to see all the chickens! Hope to see y'all there!
1f600.png

Back
Top Bottom