North Carolina

I haven't been on here in a long time.
I'm in Fayetteville, and we're leaving in October.
It's killing me, but I've got to get rid of all my chickens, I can't take any with me :(
$10-$15 each, all laying 5 months up to 2 1/2 years old (who are super sweet pet chickens)
All very healthy (I'm crazy about biosecurity after going to an auction like 4 years ago when I started with chickens.)
The thing I care most about is GOOD FOREVER HOMES.
I don't want any being resold, kept locked up in coops, must have access to fresh grass, adequate shelter, I don't believe in broody cages, etc.
Not selling for profit, these are my pets, this is awful for me, my main concern is them having a GREAT life. Will discuss prices for the right homes.
We thought we were going to PCS a few years ago and we were able to get it changed to stay, but we've tried everything we can't get out of this.

I also have live stock fencing, a large rabbit hutch (with solid bottom, I don't like wire on their feet), a gerbil in cage, some cat litter tubs converted into nesting boxes....

West Fayetteville off of Cliffdale past Rim Rd before Raeford Rd on Hoke Co line.

EDIT-- If you know anyone looking for their own little homestead in town, we've got to get rid of our house too.
Would prefer to sell, open to rent to the right tenants
Large coop with huge run and laying hens, very large shed painted like a barn, huge green house, tons of firewood, lumber, livestock fencing, tomato cages, gardening supplies & tools can be left with property.
18'x48" salt water above ground pool.
Large privacy fenced backyard.
125 gallon uv filtered koi pond with fish and plants and a lighted fountain.
Over 1000 sq ft of established veggie gardens, maintained landscape, producing fruit trees, etc.
1800+ sq ft split level (3 floors) home with 3 full baths, 4 bedrooms (3 upstairs, one on bottom floor with the other full bath). No carpet, all solid oak hardwood, laminate "hard wood" planks, and vinyl. Granite vanities in bathrooms. Just put in a $10k r10 havoc system, vinyl energy star windows ($7k) installed throughout 2 years ago, all appliances less than 5 years old, 6 ceiling fans, wood burning fire place, etc Large patio and breezeway. Oversized 1 car garage with built in storage shelves throughout.

Last edited:
Hi I'm in Rockingham county NC and I'm looking for somewhere local or semi local to purchase chicks and/or started pullets or laying hens. I would like to find white crested black polish bantam and Orpingtons but I'm open to anything. Anybody sell chickens or know of a hatchery around here? Thanks

Hi All! Little bit cooler up here in Wake Forest this week! I have a true Ameraucana rooster that I'd be willing to gift to someone wanting to start a colored egg project. He's about ready for some ladies....

I'm also looking to place a breeding pair of Black Javas with someone in the state that is willing to help develop their own line. They would need to be willing to trade birds to keep the diversity up. I've had a difficult time finding Javas that I can use, so am beginning to develop a line based on one rooster and 3 hens. Currently have 8 cockerels and 7 pullets. Some of the cockerels look very nice, and the pullets are coming along.

If you think you'd like to help out, pm me and we can talk further.

Hi All! Little bit cooler up here in Wake Forest this week! I have a true Ameraucana rooster that I'd be willing to gift to someone wanting to start a colored egg project. He's about ready for some ladies....

I'm also looking to place a breeding pair of Black Javas with someone in the state that is willing to help develop their own line. They would need to be willing to trade birds to keep the diversity up. I've had a difficult time finding Javas that I can use, so am beginning to develop a line based on one rooster and 3 hens. Currently have 8 cockerels and 7 pullets. Some of the cockerels look very nice, and the pullets are coming along.

If you think you'd like to help out, pm me and we can talk further.
I wish I was closer to you, I love heritage breeds and developing lines. What line are they from if you do not mind me asking?

I wish I was closer to you, I love heritage breeds and developing lines. What line are they from if you do not mind me asking?

Hi. I got them from Hathor up in the Asheville area. She hasn't updated her blog in a year, so I have no clue what's going on. They are lovely, sturdy, very gentle birds. Very healthy, also.

Back
Top Bottom