North Carolina

Great! I'll PM you next week and we can figure something out. Thanks for your interest!
thumbsup.gif

I'm new on the forum and I'm in Dunn, NC. For those that don't know that's close to Spivey's Corner (Hollerin Capital of the World)! Looking to get to know some of the people on here from NC and expand my knowledge and my flock. I currently have a few older hens and I would like to start breeding odd and rare breeds.

Hello to all!

I'm new on the forum and I'm in Dunn, NC. For those that don't know that's close to Spivey's Corner (Hollerin Capital of the World)! Looking to get to know some of the people on here from NC and expand my knowledge and my flock. I currently have a few older hens and I would like to start breeding odd and rare breeds.

Hello to all!
Welcome......glad to meet you
frow.gif

we are just down the road from you

Good morning folks
frow.gif

it was a productive weekend just
as per usual......not enough weekend
to get it all done and I don't get home
from work until after sunset but if DH does
his magic and rigs up a light in the area we
are working in I could putter about on it during
the evenings.......trying to turn an old carriage
house/garage into a turkey pen
th.gif

hope you have a great day
big_smile.png

Hello to all!
welcome-byc.gif
what kind of odd or rare breeds are you looking at getting into?

Hello to all!

welcome-byc.gif
what kind of odd or rare breeds are you looking at getting into?
x2

welcome-byc.gif
Just down the road from you...coming from the other direction LOL

Good Morning, Crazy Chicken People!

Got some stuff done this weekend, but as CSB says, always too much stuff to do and not enough weekend. It's my last week at work this semester though...finals week!...so hopefully I'll get more done over the holiday. I always say that, but then I have Christmas to deal with, so I never get as much done as I'd like.
idunno.gif

Chickies are growing like crazy. The RIR pullets and the Welsummer roo are the bravest and will come check out my feet when I'm in JDC. So cute.
love.gif

One of the ram "lambs" rammed me yesterday.
ep.gif
Thankfully I was heading into the feedroom from their side, so he hit me in the butt instead of legs, and knocked me into the wall instead of down. I smacked him upside the head with my cane as he was coming back at me and he changed his mind about a second hit.
lol.png
In less than two weeks those boys will be going to freezer camp, and it appears to be just about the right time. They are acting like teenage boys in breeding season...which is what they are. Just gotta get them shorn first.

Welcome to the new folk!

Off to do fun things today! I hope!

Last edited:
Good Morning, Crazy Chicken People!

Got some stuff done this weekend, but as CSB says, always too much stuff to do and not enough weekend. It's my last week at work this semester though...finals week!...so hopefully I'll get more done over the holiday. I always say that, but then I have Christmas to deal with, so I never get as much done as I'd like.
idunno.gif

Chickies are growing like crazy. The RIR pullets and the Welsummer roo are the bravest and will come check out my feet when I'm in JDC. So cute.
love.gif

One of the ram "lambs" rammed me yesterday.
ep.gif
Thankfully I was heading into the feedroom from their side, so he hit me in the butt instead of legs, and knocked me into the wall instead of down. I smacked him upside the head with my cane as he was coming back at me and he changed his mind about a second hit.
lol.png
In less than two weeks those boys will be going to freezer camp, and it appears to be just about the right time. They are acting like teenage boys in breeding season...which is what they are. Just gotta get them shorn first.

Welcome to the new folk!

Off to do fun things today! I hope!
So one day...I'd love to come visit and see these lambs of yours and watch you sheer them...just saying!! LOL We're still debating whether or not we want to get sheep and I can't get past the fact that they are just SO STINKING CUTE as lambs!! DH LOVES lamb (which I've never had nor cooked...ever) so that's a selling point for him...but we just don't know a thing about them...LOL Maybe I could get my fill just by looking at yours and then would have no need to have them here!!
gig.gif

DH is gone for a week of training down in Florida and I must say that I HATE it when he is gone. I don't seem to sleep and neither is the youngest (but she's also trying...TRYING to teethe)...I have actually been up and cleaning since 5am and already waiting for the sun to break so I can go hang up diapers (Sorry if it rains everyone...lol) and get the rest of the laundry done. I have to figure out some time this week to head out and gather up my needed supplies for my brooder box that a wonderful BYC'er is going to help me rig up!! I really don't know WHAT I am doing...whether I am coming or going lately...I blame it on the sickness and lack of sleep (can I use that until I am like 60?? LOL). I hope the weather stays nice for everyone!!

Have a great day all and WELCOME
welcome-byc.gif
and HI
frow.gif
to all the new folks!!

Back
Top Bottom