North Carolina

. What do y'all think of my newly built nesting boxes ...not finished but I thought I would share
smile.png

That is awesome... but they will all want to lay in the same box.
lau.gif

So totally unchicken related, but I find myself with next to no one to talk to with my husband gone....

I told my 7 year old he could get his haircut however he wanted for summer (his hair is super thick and hot).
He told me he wants a BLUE mohawk!!! Not what I was going for!
Somehow I think this is going to be a disaster, but trying it tonight......

Let him... I let my son do it in 7th grade... he kept it for a year and then went to long... "hate it"... hanging in his eyes.... for about 4 years.... Now he wears it nice and short ( at 21).

So totally unchicken related, but I find myself with next to no one to talk to with my husband gone....

I told my 7 year old he could get his haircut however he wanted for summer (his hair is super thick and hot).
He told me he wants a BLUE mohawk!!! Not what I was going for!
he'll blend in with all the other kids in school than
wink.png

He told me he wants a BLUE mohawk!!!  Not what I was going for!
When my kids were young, I let them wear their hair however they wanted, to the horror of some of my friends and my own parents. But hair is temporary. It grows back. Both of my kids are adults and wear their hair "normal". I, on the other hand, was forced to wear a pixie until I was in high school, was not allowed to get my ears pierced, or do anything else the other kids did. I'm now 54 and have purple hair. Because I can. And it's still temporary. :D

Do what works for your family. Don't listen to friends and family. This is about you and your son and the memories he takes from childhood forward.

When my kids were young, I let them wear their hair however they wanted, to the horror of some of my friends and my own parents. But hair is temporary. It grows back. Both of my kids are adults and wear their hair "normal". I, on the other hand, was forced to wear a pixie until I was in high school, was not allowed to get my ears pierced, or do anything else the other kids did. I'm now 54 and have purple hair. Because I can. And it's still temporary.
big_smile.png

Do what works for your family. Don't listen to friends and family. This is about you and your son and the memories he takes from childhood forward.
I LOVE that you have purple hair!!!!! I wish I could pull it off!

When my kids were young, I let them wear their hair however they wanted, to the horror of some of my friends and my own parents. But hair is temporary. It grows back. Both of my kids are adults and wear their hair "normal". I, on the other hand, was forced to wear a pixie until I was in high school, was not allowed to get my ears pierced, or do anything else the other kids did. I'm now 54 and have purple hair. Because I can. And it's still temporary. :D

I LOVE that you have purple hair!!!!!  I wish I could pull it off! 
LOL...It's just the ends, and my hair is long, so it's not always noticeable. But I know it's there, even when it's so dark other people only see it when the sun hits it. But I don't know that I "pull it off". And I've reached the age where I don't care! I do it for me and nobody else!

I love it! And the pink --- OOOOOHHH! AAAAHHHHHH!!! {lol}
celebrate.gif

I am going to stalk Lowe's reject paint section until I find something cheap that I like. I was thinking greyish, maybe a pink accent...Afterall, they are hens - no Roo's here!
Don't know if you have an Ollie's store nearby, but they have all kinds of stuff in there. The other week they had 5 gallons of paint for $30. Ollies is like a huge discount/buyout store. Have a little bit of everything for the home and yard.

Lost my dear Abby yesterday the hen with the egg problems. Went to TSC and all they had was Duramycin-10. When we got back she was gone. She had pass some more egg in her stool and looked like foamy clear stuff from her mouth. She took some yougart and water yesterday. I wish I had something for her sooner. Did more research on here and Baytril and penicillin were the ones mention. Is there a chart or something to tell what antibiotics you should have on hand at all times and what they are use for. I know about the first aid chart. What about the drugs. I order from Randall Burkley alot and they have some of everthing looks like.

Abby my sweet EE . Rest in Peace
I am sorry for your loss. I have an EE that looks exactly like your Abby. Always jumping on my back and arms when it's treat time.

Back
Top Bottom