North Carolina

Hi Everyone!

I'm by Concord but I have lived all around NC.

If anyone, or anyone you know, is interested in Guinea Keets (my mama guinea just hatched 18 keets yesterday) let me know!

Last edited:
I'm going to try again. Interested in a chicken sale, or swap event.
the livestock auction barn here has gone out of business. I am in Cleveland county. My farrier is due this Saturday so that day is out. Not in any big hurry.

Has anyone ever had a turkey hen walk around, puffing up and acting like a male?
idunno.gif

I know it is a hen... she lays eggs... so no doubt there. I was just wondering if she is having an identity crisis???
gig.gif

I'm going to try again. Interested in a chicken sale, or swap event.
the livestock auction barn here has gone out of business. I am in Cleveland county. My farrier is due this Saturday so that day is out. Not in any big hurry.
Last I heard the auctions were still going on in Casar, NC on Mondays at 7. They start with supplies and junk. I think birds are last. I have not been in years.

The address is:
4953 Casar Rd
Lawndale, NC 28090

Matt

Hey All, Its been a while since I have been up here. Our 2nd coop is just about done
wee.gif
! One side will be random bantams and the other strictly cochin bantams. I haven't been able to get painting like I've wanted to. All due to getting skin cancer removed from 6 different places
th.gif
. Wear sunscreen people, protect yourself! I am looking for grown cochins for my pen, but I must be careful when finding some. I do not want to infect my coops! Any suggestions? Hope everyone is having a good day!!! -Katie

What colors? How much?
We're not positive on the colors but the keets have the tiger stripe head, and according to the guinea color website that could indicate Pearl Gray, Lavender, Slate or Brown. http://www.guineafowl.com/fritsfarm/guineas/colors/

For price, we're asking $4/each (minimum of 3); $15 for 5; $25 for 10, and any more than 10 we can negotiate a price.

They were hatched yesterday and they are doing great! Mama guinea brought them from their nest in the woods to her guinea run. Despite all the posts I've read about guineas being unreliable mothers, I'm very impressed with not only what a fantastic mother she is but also how well my 4 males are protecting her and the babies! It's truly amazing!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom