North Carolina

Just watched Food Inc.
It came out as an indy documentary a couple years ago, but just now saw it.
It you haven't you should!
I think movies like this should be mandatory in schools-- much more important than the stuff we were shown growing up!

disclaimer: if you are an emotional chicken lover like me, you will cry!

Just watched Food Inc.
It came out as an indy documentary a couple years ago, but just now saw it.
It you haven't you should!
I think movies like this should be mandatory in schools-- much more important than the stuff we were shown growing up!

disclaimer: if you are an emotional chicken lover like me, you will cry!
Watched that last year myself, eye opening. Also watched a docu about a man who fed his family out of food grocery stores throw out in the dumpsters. He ended up finding so much food that he donated Thanksgiving dinner makings to a homeless shelter.

I have not checked in for a while. A week and four days to be exact. There is 30 pages to look over, not going to have that much time or patience. So I skimmed thru them. A couple chicken travesties but everyone seems mostly well, glad to hear. Good to hear from "The Howards", been a while. Hey Hollow, Dutchbunny, Ramierez, Tammy Farm, New Homesteader, Chkn Rich and Matt. Anyone new crew I may have missed, welcome. Talk with you guys/ladys later.... When is the next TSC flock swap fellow Fayettevillians? Is it this weekend? I got too many Light Brahmas.

Don't know when it is, but they are building beside TSC so the guy said they will probably have them on the other side (where it is nothing but black top) so have something to put under the birds feet and to shade them since there is no trees over there either

Last edited:
I figured out what wrong with my baby! But I ain't figure out how this happened. She has a puncture like wound on her left side that is hidden by her wing! At first I thought it was bloody poop cause I thought she had coccidiosis and I went to wash it off with a baby wipe and lo and behold a puncture wound. She's still eating and drinking just fine but she's not flying as well and her wing is drooping on that side. Her wing is not broken though. I am giving duramycin to her to prevent infection in the wound do y'all have any other advice?

I figured out what wrong with my baby! But I ain't figure out how this happened. She has a puncture like wound on her left side that is hidden by her wing! At first I thought it was bloody poop cause I thought she had coccidiosis and I went to wash it off with a baby wipe and lo and behold a puncture wound. She's still eating and drinking just fine but she's not flying as well and her wing is drooping on that side. Her wing is not broken though. I am giving duramycin to her to prevent infection in the wound do y'all have any other advice?
Get you a bottle of Blue Cote, and Put it right on the spot.

I had a Pea-hen bounce up and split her skull open real good on the way home.
ep.gif

I called Beth on my way to TSC before they closed. I wanted to be sure that I got the right thing. She advised the one that came with the swab, but they were out, so I used the spray, but did not spray it. I put a safety swab in it, and it worked. After she got used to me changing her dressing I did spray it, but I did not want to spray anywhere extra.

Good luck!!!!
BTW~ Beth she is doing fine, and is the Pea that gave the first egg not too long ago.
Also, WOW!!
gig.gif
I am never going to catch up with all you guys, so I may as well just jump in when I get a chance.

Back
Top Bottom