North Carolina

Hearing my roosters crow is one of the pleasures of my place. There are probably close to two dozen roos of varying ages here. I love hearing their squeaky early crows, the teenage assertive crows and the adult boss crows. Each and every one.

yay 2 strays
clap.gif

Thanks. I was really surprise to get blue, thought maybe red or white. They always have about 3 rows of chickens, every kind of chicken also ducks, geese, rabbits, goats, peacocks and pheasants. When the fireworks started, every chicken in there started to crow or cackle. It was so funny. I too love to hear the sound of my rooster crowing. I can also hear my neighbors 3 doors down. Just sounds so country
love.gif

Does anyone have any ducks still laying? It looks like my single rescued egg may not have been rescued in time :(

This is the first winter I've had her since she started laying, so I'm hoping just maybe she'll lay a few more for me! :fl

Does anyone have any ducks still laying? It looks like my single rescued egg may not have been rescued in time
sad.png

This is the first winter I've had her since she started laying, so I'm hoping just maybe she'll lay a few more for me!
fl.gif

Good morning folks
frow.gif

My duck hen is still laying but she has gotten
to where it isn't every day she lays so maybe
your hen will still lay. Our chickens have slowed
down on laying as well but between molting
and cooler temps with less daylight it is expected.

hope everyone has a good day
yippiechickie.gif

Good Morning everyone!! I hope those of you who went to WCA had a great time (that is IF WCA is still up and running...is it year round? I couldn't remember)!! Chickens and ducks are doing well. I am SAD to report that since we have discovered the "nest" of our ducks...they have since moved on to a new location. BOO!! I have someone who wants ducklings and I can't give them any...LOL maybe next year - you know, once I get my incubator for Christmas!
wink.png

Busy week planned for us as I am taking all 3 kiddos to the beach later on this week. It will be the 2nd time for the oldest (and myself) but a first time for the rest of them. VERY excited to see their reaction - I just wish daddy was able to come...stupid work (then again...VERY blessed by that work which allows me to have a chicken/duck addiction and stay at home with my babies)!!
If anyone nearby has kids (sorry, this is for the non-furry kind, the human ones) and is in need of items, there is a consignment sale at the Smithfield Livestock Arena this coming Saturday!! I'm hoping to go!!

Have a great day everyone!!

I HAVE DUCKLINGS!!!!

I HAVE DUCKLINGS!!!!

Hehe....I know, but I am suppose to swap them some ducklings for work...they're going to help DH put up the fence around our property and wouldn't let us do anything special. When they saw Cadbury they mentioned they'd LOVE to see some muscovies living by their pond (which is like an acre - I may be exaggerating a bit, but it's HUGE). So the hubs thought it would be a nice "Thank You" gift... Hmm...I may have to get with you anyway...who can resist ducklings?!? LOL

Hehe....I know, but I am suppose to swap them some ducklings for work...they're going to help DH put up the fence around our property and wouldn't let us do anything special. When they saw Cadbury they mentioned they'd LOVE to see some muscovies living by their pond (which is like an acre - I may be exaggerating a bit, but it's HUGE). So the hubs thought it would be a nice "Thank You" gift... Hmm...I may have to get with you anyway...who can resist ducklings?!? LOL
I have 2 pairs of teenager chocolate scovies and then 4 smaller ducklings.

Back
Top Bottom