North Carolina

I love sitting on my back porch, sipping my coffee and listening to the cock's crow. I also love that I can barely hear him from inside the house, and once he moves to the coop with the rest of the flock he wont be heard in the house at all. For now though, he's making a lovely addition to my morning routine. Thank you Soupy for letting me have him!

I love sitting on my back porch, sipping my coffee and listening to the cock's crow. I also love that I can barely hear him from inside the house, and once he moves to the coop with the rest of the flock he wont be heard in the house at all. For now though, he's making a lovely addition to my morning routine. Thank you Soupy for letting me have him!
I wish I couldn't hear mine in the house! I have not slept past 5 am in a couple months and today he has given me a headache. I think he is going to be dinner this week. I have eggs hatching this week if there is a roo that I like in the bunch I might keep him, but he will have to be a good one. My current one is loud and chases the younger hens around. If he was a gentleman I would consider keeping him but the negatives have begun to out weigh the positives.
he.gif

Got 16 older roosters and a handful of younger ones and all are close to the house plus all the ones that many neighbors have, don't hear a one of them. I actually have to stop and listen for them anymore.
lol.png

I can't relax till I hear each and everyone of my boys crow. When I hear Mom head to work just after 4am I listen to the boys to crow. There is even a bantam coop about 50 feet from the open window beside my bed. There are 3 boys in just that house. Once I count the boys I can relax and maybe go to sleep.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom