North Carolina

ya.gif
I'm so excited for you! I still get excited about getting eggs. Have only 4 chickens and I'm getting 3-4 a day. No...LOL... my hubby and I don't eat that many so I'm having fun giving a 1/2 doz to different friends. Loving it. You go girl.
yippiechickie.gif

Good morning folks
frow.gif

I love seeing all the pics of everyone's cute chicks
love.gif

thanks for sharing those

Sadly today is the day our youngest heads back to
Oklahoma but she must get back to her life and work
there. It's funny how as a parent you are proud they
are out and doing well on their own and sad they aren't
still at home
hu.gif

hope everyone has a good day
caf.gif

ok, when I went out and let the kids out for the day i noticed one of the girlswas dripping from her butt. when i grabbed her and looked, it looked like her vent was sticking out about an inch or so. well i remember reading somewhere that it needed to be pushed back in. so i got my daughter and told her to try and push it in. it didn't seem to do anything. i then went and looked at my chicken health handbook and it said to put prep h on it. we went to the store after having to do some school shopping. when we got home and looked at her vent, it looked as if it had went back in on it's own. i have her qt'd for now as i didn't want the others to pick and make it worse. i didn't get a pick of it at firs but got on after we came home. any ideas on what it sounds like? i'll post a pick if someone wants to see. giess we'll wait and see what happens in the next couple of days. thanks for any advice.

ok, when I went out and let the kids out for the day i noticed one of the girlswas dripping from her butt. when i grabbed her and looked, it looked like her vent was sticking out about an inch or so. well i remember reading somewhere that it needed to be pushed back in. so i got my daughter and told her to try and push it in. it didn't seem to do anything. i then went and looked at my chicken health handbook and it said to put prep h on it. we went to the store after having to do some school shopping. when we got home and looked at her vent, it looked as if it had went back in on it's own. i have her qt'd for now as i didn't want the others to pick and make it worse. i didn't get a pick of it at firs but got on after we came home. any ideas on what it sounds like? i'll post a pick if someone wants to see. giess we'll wait and see what happens in the next couple of days. thanks for any advice.
She may have been having trouble laying. When some birds push really hard the cloaca can push out some. I have a d'Uccle that was like that. The first time I saw it she was getting a bath for a show. I had a few seconds of freakout till it pulled back in. By the end of the bath she, the warm water resulted in an egg in the bottom of the sink.

Matt

Prolapsed vent. Was she dripping egg?

The prep h can help. I'd definitely keep an eye on her.

Back
Top Bottom