North Carolina

Good morning folks
frow.gif

It sure seems like the trees changed colors quickly this year
and the cooler weather too.........this weekend I need to mow
the lawn one more time for the winter so I can leaf-blow the
lawn and not have the grass hang onto the leaves and pine
needles........there is always a ton of them to get up........
and why can't the dang trees drop their leaves all at the same
time......always a few that just seem to hang onto some and drop
a few at a time.........all winter long
duc.gif

hope everyone has a good day
yippiechickie.gif

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knows when and where the next chicken swap meet may be? I have a bigger coop now and really want to fill-er-up! Thanks for an info.

Once show season starts the swaps tend to end till after the spring show season. The next NC show is Winston-Salem, Nov 30, at the Dixie classic fairgrounds. Sales area outside.

Matt

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knows when and where the next chicken swap meet may be? I have a bigger coop now and really want to fill-er-up! Thanks for an info.

Just don't forget to quarantine any new birds for 30 days!!!
Learned that one the hard way from buying an adult chicken!
Ended up having to cull my entire flock this spring and start over, now I'll only hatch my own

With fowl pox, you just have to let it run its course. If it is wet pox there are a few things that help a little bit (taking the chucks out of the mouths/ throats) but its the same over all for both wet and dry pox. Just watch for secondary illness.

what r the secondary illnesses; respiratory issues?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...c-pictures-of-pus-and-scabs/150#post_12271523

Has very good info. The real concern with wet is inside mouth/trachea and eating.

We haven't done anything with the dry and it's been fine. Well, I did scrape off a crusty near the eye so he could see better. Out of all 65ish of my birds, a total of 2 got it. The second one was a lot more mild; there might have been a third but it came and went so fast I wasn't 100% sure.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom