North Carolina

But I am also very happy with the bird I did get. Go flock swap!

(Odd question for a chicken forum) but is anyone else besides me here into bonsai? I have 18 years in landscaping and nursery work so I've got some rare stuff I've done bonsai work to and I need to sell some so I can get modern game money for example I have a 65-70 year old dwarf weeping hemlock and several others

Last edited:

Here is a pic of his poop from last night. But today it is completely that yellow green color throughout no brown or black or white. Solid color and consistency of SNOT but slightly runnier. Yucky. It doesn't really smell bad. I mean no more than normal chicken doos.

Google Black head disease, I've always heard that yellow poo is a sign of that, but we've had no personal experience with it.

What an awesome weekend we had! Sunday was chilly, but still ok...Saturday was awesome!

I now have all my breeds separated. Still have one more divided chicken house to build to get the smaller groups out of the breeding pens, but most have their own pastures now. No more rotating birds through the breeding pens! Yay! Now I can hatch whatever I want when I want, without having to plan it out. Woohoo!

Hope you enjoy your day!

What an awesome weekend we had!  Sunday was chilly, but still ok...Saturday was awesome! 

I now have all my breeds separated.  Still have one more divided chicken house to build to get the smaller groups out of the breeding pens, but most have their own pastures now.  No more rotating birds through the breeding pens!  Yay!  Now I can hatch whatever I want when I want, without having to plan it out.  Woohoo!

Hope you enjoy your day!
that's awesome I plan to do the same when I find enough time lol I still have a half done approximately 45 x 18 ft 12 ft high flight coop to finish

Last edited:
Man, this is a busy thread. :) I think I am caught up after the weekend. Sbrooks, good luck with your roo. .

We lost a pretty young welsummer pullet yesterday mysteriously and our neighbor emailed this morning (after we'd left for work, of course) to let us know he saw the largest fox he'd ever seen in our yard. So I guess that mystery is solved. We normally free-range our chickens, but we do have a large run that we can put them in if needed. I guess I will put the roof on the run tonight and keep whoever is left in the coop/run until the fox is either dealt-with or gets bored and gives up.

Any idea how long it takes for a fox to give up and move on to another area? I like them free-ranging most of the time and don't mind an occasional loss... However, we keep them in the run when there are known issues like this.

Back
Top Bottom