North Carolina

Hollow..

Go ahead and print money, the president is doing it and the economy is soooooo much better......

Actually typed that with a straight face! I kill me!!!!
yuckyuck.gif

I have a conundrum

What should I do with my roosters? they eat too much expensive feed that could go to egg laying hens. I have no problem eating them except it's so much less work and money to buy a $5 roasted chicken than feeding the roos until they get to a good eating size and then butchering/plucking.

I also don't want to butcher them when they are still chicks because there's no meat, i would just be killing them for nothing. Now, i understand why big corps dump them into grinders as soon as they are sexed.

what do you guys do?

thank god for the heavy rain, ive been keeping most of my garden alive by watering almost every evening but some stuff has been dying anyway, like my watermelons, the melons and some tomatoes. the frogs are going crazy outside tonight.

Also @hollowoak Ive been learning website design so i can make my own site.

Hey! How's it going?
frow.gif

Kids are knocking it out of me, but still going, just slowly....

We got rain, and while I'm sure the garden loves it, so do the weeds! They are taller than I am...
ep.gif

Ramerez- I still have the little man that I got from you. Chris (DS1 has adopted one of his offsping, and caries it around like a baby. So now he is a gr-pa too. This is his son, that Chris has been babying. Quite the little eye candy. He is a good daddy, and hubby. He is keeping company with a cute little Japanese Bantam. The one I got from you still has the same mate that I got him from you for. They are happy.

Last edited:
I have a conundrum

What should I do with my roosters? they eat too much expensive feed that could go to egg laying hens. I have no problem eating them except it's so much less work and money to buy a $5 roasted chicken than feeding the roos until they get to a good eating size and then butchering/plucking.

I also don't want to butcher them when they are still chicks because there's no meat, i would just be killing them for nothing. Now, i understand why big corps dump them into grinders as soon as they are sexed.

what do you guys do?

thank god for the heavy rain, ive been keeping most of my garden alive by watering almost every evening but some stuff has been dying anyway, like my watermelons, the melons and some tomatoes. the frogs are going crazy outside tonight.

Also @hollowoak Ive been learning website design so i can make my own site.

FVRM...good for you on the web design. I still need to finish setting mine up!

As far as the roosters go, you could post them on CL as soon as you know they're roos. There are people who will raise them out for eating. Won't get but a couple dollars for them, but at least you aren't feeding them.

My niece and I are going to go see what Wilmington has to offer today.

Last edited:
Good morning folks
frow.gif

We finally got a little rain....only a 1/4 inch but at least
some and I'm sure the plant life is feeling a reprieve from
the dry conditions we have been experiencing.

BritneyBradshaw..............we want rain because we just have
not gotten enough here and even the trees are getting droopy.
You can send your extra rain my way.
big_smile.png

Hollow.....have a safe trip and hope you have fun too. Do you
have plans for what you are doing or just exploring? I just can't
resist the odd shop with old stuff in it. I love finding the old, the
oddities and the unusual things.
love.gif

hope everyone has a good day
cool.png

Why does everyone want rain so bad??? I feel like it rains every **** day and I am so sick of it!
frow.gif
Well, many many of us aren't getting even a little rain ! Our grass is turning brown, our gardens are dying... many of us depend on our gardens..
th.gif
However, much of the west and central part of the state has gotten a good amount...
celebrate.gif
I live near I95 in eastern NC.....I've seen the rain clouds just split and go north and south of us..
lau.gif
Don't want a flood...been there-done that !! Just a little here and there would be nice.
smile.png
send us a little !!

Back
Top Bottom