North Carolina

The steps one would be the killer, for sure! The others are just silly ways to check to see if you can drive, but what is the reasoning behind the steps one? Checking to see if you can haul all the kids out in an emergency? You could do two-feet-per-step and still get kids out! Ugh. Hope your knees hold out!

The steps one would be the killer, for sure! The others are just silly ways to check to see if you can drive, but what is the reasoning behind the steps one? Checking to see if you can haul all the kids out in an emergency? You could do two-feet-per-step and still get kids out! Ugh. Hope your knees hold out!
I can do the steps up....it's the steps down that will fail me.......can't
do that and not fall. I wonder if this wasn't meant to be a way to get
rid of older drivers that seem a bit feeble but they have no one to
replace them so bad idea on that point.

Good morning folks
frow.gif

Half way through the week......and I'm not that ready for the
big day next week. I will be by the time it gets here but only
after a bit of hurrying along. Other things have put me back
a bit but I enjoyed them so it's okay. Planning out the breeding
pens for this coming spring and making sure there is enough
of them. Need to see what color those POLs are going to lay.
hmm.png

hope everyone has a good day
caf.gif

Good Morning!

I have been away way too long! When I logged on, I noticed I haven't been on here for about 18 months
hide.gif
.... where does the time go????

Hollow, thanks for mentioning me the other day, I feel that even though I was gone, I was not forgotten.
tongue.png
I can't say there is any good reason I dissapeared, I just didn't log on. I can come up with many not so good reasons if anyone cares to hear them....

Hello all who have joined since I was on here last and to all old friends.

Tammy

Good Morning!

I have been away way too long! When I logged on, I noticed I haven't been on here for about 18 months
hide.gif
.... where does the time go????

Hollow, thanks for mentioning me the other day, I feel that even though I was gone, I was not forgotten.
tongue.png
I can't say there is any good reason I dissapeared, I just didn't log on. I can come up with many not so good reasons if anyone cares to hear them....

Tammy

You must have felt me mentioning you! Welcome back! Lots of new folks, although they mostly seem pretty quite. (Cut that out, folks!)

In other news, I have a 190 pound great Dane currently playing with a Jolly Ball...in my living room. I think someone is about to get evicted! And the ball, too!

Good Morning!

I have been away way too long!  When I logged on, I noticed I haven't been on here for about 18 months :oops: .... where does the time go????

Hollow, thanks for mentioning me the other day, I feel that even though I was gone, I was not forgotten.  :p   I can't say there is any good reason I dissapeared, I just didn't log on.  I can come up with many not so good reasons if anyone cares to hear them....

Tammy

Welcome back!!!! Missed seeing you post on here!!! Would love to hear what kind of birds you have now and any new projects you're working on. A lot can change in 18 months!

You must have felt me mentioning you! Welcome back! Lots of new folks, although they mostly seem pretty quite. (Cut that out, folks!)

In other news, I have a 190 pound great Dane currently playing with a Jolly Ball...in my living room. I think someone is about to get evicted! And the ball, too!

I give up, what's a Jolly Ball? I would love to see Levi playing with a ball.. maybe not in the living room though!
Welcome back!!!! Missed seeing you post on here!!! Would love to hear what kind of birds you have now and any new projects you're working on. A lot can change in 18 months
Thanks Star!

I was just thinking about you the other day. I hope all is well.

Currently I have Rhodebars, Easter Eggers and Buff Orpingtons (some English!) that will be my breeding stock. I also have a layer pen with Leghorns, Buff Comets, a couple of Legbars, RIR, and a barnyard mix or two.

I have four Bresse hens that are for sale. I had thought of breeding them but then decided I had too many breeds and had to make some tough decisions. Oh, and there are 14 in the grow out pen: Rhodebars, Bresse and EE's that are about 10 weeks old. There are quite a lot of birds and I am trying to figure out what to keep and who to sell as I have a late January order for 25 chicks to replace my older layers. They will be Leghorns, Buff Comets and Red Stars.

I am most excited about the Buff Orps, I have two English roosters from last spring and 9 hens, some American, some Buff. I will start hatching in January and can't wait to see how they grow out. The boys are big - not as big as some other English roosters, but really big compared to American birds.

What chickens do you have? Any projects? Did you finish that chicken coop?

Tammy

@tammyfarms Nice variety! I remember you were starting with the Rhodebars when we came over and picked up those cedar shavings!

Well things changed a lot for us in the past 18 months! We moved to the northern part of Sanford and bought our first house! It came with a shed even bigger than the one we had been converting at the old place so we sold the old one and I converted (by myself!!) the new shed into a chicken house. It still has little things that need tweaking and I need to put some ventilation into the top but it works well for what it is. :)

I sold a lot of birds before we moved but am still focusing on French Black Copper Marans. Add to that blue/splash silkies, exchequer leghorns and a few cream legbars (mostly for an OE project but may breed in the future) plus several layers and some of my original birds. Oh and a duck. I wanted to get into ducks this year but had some trouble with dog attacks so now I only have one drake who roosts like a chicken.

Newest endeavor since we moved in May has been quail! I have been enjoying that quite a lot. :)

Back
Top Bottom