North Carolina

Australorps are my second favorite. My favorite is the Light Sussex. Of which I have ZERO. And I will not be getting any now. Because I leave in 30 days for the Philippines. And it could be several years before I return for a long enough period of time to get any. I do plan on trying to import some into the Philippines. Which is one massive amount of red tape and a considerable amount of money. I already have a flock of Philippine chickens there but, they are skinny and only lay 1 or 2 eggs per week.
That's neat..At the risk of sounding nosey.Why the Phillipines?

Love the house...but I'll want trees to go with mine! Lots and lots of them!

Been to work, and back home again after getting a number of things accomplished! Yay!

This is the first winter I haven't at least had the Buff Orpingtons laying throughout the season. This year I have one Golden Cuckoo Marans and one Ameraucana laying periodically, and a few others laying sporadically. I'm getting anywhere from zero eggs per day to three. I did have one awesome day with five! And this is from about sixty "layers." One is excused, as she is broody. Yes, broody; silly bird. My egg customers are clamoring for eggs, and I have nothing for them. I did my holiday baking with quail eggs! You know how many eggs i had to cut open to get enough eggs for deep dish pumpkin pies? That's right; about 1000000000. Yep.

Love the house...but I'll want trees to go with mine!  Lots and lots of them!

Been to work, and back home again after getting a number of things accomplished!  Yay!

This is the first winter I haven't at least had the Buff Orpingtons laying throughout the season.  This year I have one Golden Cuckoo Marans and one Ameraucana laying periodically, and a few others laying sporadically.  I'm getting anywhere from zero eggs per day to three.  I did have one awesome day with five!  And this is from about sixty "layers."  One is excused, as she is broody.  Yes, broody; silly bird.  My egg customers are clamoring for eggs, and I have nothing for them.  I did my holiday baking with quail eggs!  You know how many eggs i had to cut open to get enough eggs for deep dish pumpkin pies?  That's right; about 1000000000.  Yep.

Hahaha! I hear you on baking with quail eggs! I'm very glad to have them though because like so many others, my chickens haven't laid any eggs since a little before Christmas!

Love the house...but I'll want trees to go with mine!  Lots and lots of them!

Been to work, and back home again after getting a number of things accomplished!  Yay!

This is the first winter I haven't at least had the Buff Orpingtons laying throughout the season.  This year I have one Golden Cuckoo Marans and one Ameraucana laying periodically, and a few others laying sporadically.  I'm getting anywhere from zero eggs per day to three.  I did have one awesome day with five!  And this is from about sixty "layers."  One is excused, as she is broody.  Yes, broody; silly bird.  My egg customers are clamoring for eggs, and I have nothing for them.  I did my holiday baking with quail eggs!  You know how many eggs i had to cut open to get enough eggs for deep dish pumpkin pies?  That's right; about 1000000000.  Yep.

We've got lots and lots of trees. One of the rules when our neighborhood was built in the early 80's was that we could only take out enough trees to get the house in. The average lot is about 2.5 acres. Yep, we have trees.

We got three eggs today from our eight girls and three yesterday. I've been quite amazed. Of course, today was 22*. It's supposed to be cold tomorrow.:love

We are getting eggs....any where from about 12-18 a day but most of the girls are on vacation.
I have 1 Khaki Campbell pair and the hen stopped laying late summer but started back up
about the first of Oct and I am getting an egg every day from her........every day........guess
what I'm using for baking....lol.......and omelets.

I decided to renew my license a bit early. Having a CDL I have to renew it every 3 years
and since the state had the great( Dumb) idea of mailing the new license, I went and got
it a bit early so mine does not expire. The man who did the recertification on the bus suggested
a DMV site for getting the license part done and I must admit......I have NEVER got done
so quick. I got to the DMV office just before 11am and expected a bit of a wait........was
surprised to see only a few cars in the parking lot. Figured I might not have too many ahead of me
..........boy was I wrong. There was NO ONE in the place except for the staff. It seems very few
folks know about this office. I asked how long they had been open since it is a new office.
They have been open for 5 months and still not many know about it. If you are renewing anytime
soon and are close to or willing to drive to there I'm willing to bet you will get done quick.
They are across the street from Cape Fear High School on old Hwy 24.

Really!? I've been trying to find an olive egger or Ameraucana to add to our group. That would be wonderful!! I definitely would love to have a couple.

Really Really!! lol Send me a PM and we can figure out a day (when you are ready) that works for both of us to get you a couple birds. All of my pullets have the blue egg gene so they will lay some shade of green or in the case of the Lavender Ameraucanas, a blue egg. If you are looking for a roo you can take your pick of an Black Copper Marans/ Lavender Ameraucana cross, a Blue Andalusian/ Lavender Ameraucana cross, and maybe a Dark Brahma/ Lavender Ameraucana cross(I'm not sure if it's a boy or girl yet).

Today my chickens decided to gift me with six...yes, six! ...eggs! Two were pullet eggs, so the younger girls are starting up. However, my last male quail was dead when I went to do night chores. Sigh. All the females will go to freezer camp this weekend. I'll have to order more quail chicks for spring. I kept four males, but have lost them all to one thing or another. It's discouraging.

Back
Top Bottom