North Carolina

Good morning everyone!
What I thought was a quick fix on our A/C has turned into the entire unit needing to be replaced so I'm grateful that's it's not as hot as it usually is yet!!!

Question on splay leg as I've never dealt with it-- I had a chick hatch with one leg sticking like way out to the side she's having a hard time walking, this is splay leg, right? I remember seeing something where you tape the legs, can someone point me in the direction of doing that properly please?

Also, I know you're not allowed to post birds you're selling on this forum it has to be a sales forum (which seems silly because this is the only page of locals, but I understand why they make the rules). In order to pay to get this A/C fixed I need to downsize a lot of my animals (I need to somehow come up with a $1000 deposit then finance the remaining $4000 to get it replaced before it's crazy hot this summer). Eastover flock swap is too far away (both in the date of the next one and the drive), besides an auction or craigslist does anyone have a suggestion on where I can sell birds?

Hope everyone has a great day!
lol.png

Happy Hatch Day for me, silver campines and jungle/zebra carpet pythons. Always a nice way to start the day.

Looking for a couple of lavender or black orpington laying hens within an hour or so of Matthews, or somewhat close to Greensboro.

Happy Hatch Day for me, silver campines and jungle/zebra carpet pythons. Always a nice way to start the day.

Looking for a couple of lavender or black orpington laying hens within an hour or so of Matthews, or somewhat close to Greensboro.
I'd love to see pic of the pythons! My son breeds color morphs of boas. We keep a few balls, but don't breed them. Carpets are nice. What subspecies are you working with?

I'd love to see pic of the pythons! My son breeds color morphs of boas. We keep a few balls, but don't breed them. Carpets are nice. What subspecies are you working with?

How fun! :)

I work with the majority of the Morelia complex, about an equal split of green tree pythons (chondos) and carpet pythons. Thus far this year I've hatched out some really spectacular blue lineage chondros, some diamond/jungle/zebra/jag intergrades and today's jungle clutch with both zebra morph and normal jungle carpets. I've got 3 more clutches in the cooker; more zebras, some caramel granite irian jaya mutts and a really nice batch of albino darwins. I should see a few more clutches of carpets and hopefully a clutch or two of chondros before I call it a season. Oh, and one or two clutches of greybands it looks like. Side projects, because snakes have math too. lol!

These are today's guys starting to reveal themselves. About half are out, hopefully the rest will present themselves once it gets dark out.

And these blue line guys, because they're sooooo cool!

How's your son's season going? Did he produce anything super cool yet?

Quote: Ok, I know nothing about the genetics of the pythons, but those blue-lines are AWESOME!!! Totally stunning!

Joe has had some setbacks this year...He moved in December, then again in January. He knew it was coming and only bred two. We were as careful as possible with his gravid females, but it was not good temps for moving. Then one of the snow storms put them in a power outage. He was prepped for where he moved from, but not where he moved to, which was far slower about getting the power back on. (More urban). And last, but not least, one girl decides to give birth while he's away for two weeks of job training for his new job. His GF is NOT a snake person, but she did run get help. Hubby and I were getting ready to go when she let us know that she had someone. His second female may have absorbed. Or not. He had one once who was pregnant for seven blasted months before she finally gave birth. At any rate, I know sunglows are part of what he's doing, and jungle, but I don't speak much snake genetics so just ooohh and ahhh over the pretties. Would love to have a mid-size (maxing at no more than 10 ft if possible) snake that will eat my cull birds, though. Our balls refuse birds.

Are you on Facebook? We might consider transferring the snake topic there, as others might not like it so much!

Good morning everyone!
What I thought was a quick fix on our A/C has turned into the entire unit needing to be replaced so I'm grateful that's it's not as hot as it usually is yet!!!

Question on splay leg as I've never dealt with it--  I had a chick hatch with one leg  sticking like way out to the side she's having a hard time walking, this is splay leg, right?  I remember seeing something where you tape the legs, can someone point me in the direction of doing that properly please?

Also, I know you're not allowed to post birds you're selling on this forum it has to be a sales forum (which seems silly because this is the only page of locals, but I understand why they make the rules).  In order to pay to get this A/C fixed I need to downsize a lot of my animals (I need to somehow come up with a $1000 deposit then finance the remaining $4000 to get it replaced before it's crazy hot this summer).  Eastover flock swap is too far away (both in the date of the next one and the drive), besides an auction or craigslist does anyone have a suggestion on where I can sell birds?

Hope everyone has a great day!  :lol:

http://www.poultryhelp.com/spraddle.html

I use a pipe cleaner cut to size but same idea. Some use bandaids, some vet tape.

Good morning folks
frow.gif

We got some much needed rain here. The runs are a muddy
mess but should dry up within a day or three. I dread the mud
caked eggs that will get in the mean-time as we do have a few
hens that INSIST on finding mud wallows to lay their eggs in and
not the nest box.
sickbyc.gif

hope everyone has a good day
celebrate.gif

Hey Yall! Hope all the Moms had a great Mother's Day!

My Mom came by Saturday to visit her grand-chickens and the girls gave her a dozen fresh eggs to take home with her. My little garden is coming right along. My Dad helped me add an extra door to the front of my coop which makes it way easier to clean out. Hope eveyone has a great week!

Ben
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom