North Carolina

The fastest way to check for a Faverolle is to check for that 5th toe and beard. A chick from decent quality parents should be born bright yellow in color, almost neon yellow.

Good morning folks
frow.gif

The chicks are cute and I would feel like a kid
at Christmas opening a mystery chick box.
Hope they grow up into all pretty hens for you.
tongue.png

The house looks real good Iceman. I'm sure you
and the family will enjoy living there.
big_smile.png

hope everyone has a good day
pop.gif

wee.gif
This is a good morning in my mtns. I have 14 chicks out and more pipping. They are Kathy Bonhams remade delaweres and GNH. I could not be happier. A chirping going on everywhere.
celebrate.gif
. The last batch of chicks before this did not hatch. They were from someone else and Jub. orps. Between the two I did something different , it worked. I ordered and used the egg thermometer AND a digital thermometer hung at egg level. It seems my hatchers temp showing was way to high. With the new thermometers I was able to hatch really well. A note to self do not trust one thermometer ever again. I would really have loved those pretties with pantaloons of the English Jubilee orps. Who knows maybe a bit later I will still order some more to try now. I wish my puter would allow me to post pic. I have tried many times over the yrs and I still am not getting it right. Well back to the daily work . Have a great day everyone.

wee.gif
This is a good morning in my mtns. I have 14 chicks out and more pipping. They are Kathy Bonhams remade delaweres and GNH. I could not be happier. A chirping going on everywhere.
celebrate.gif
. The last batch of chicks before this did not hatch. They were from someone else and Jub. orps. Between the two I did something different , it worked. I ordered and used the egg thermometer AND a digital thermometer hung at egg level. It seems my hatchers temp showing was way to high. With the new thermometers I was able to hatch really well. A note to self do not trust one thermometer ever again. I would really have loved those pretties with pantaloons of the English Jubilee orps. Who knows maybe a bit later I will still order some more to try now. I wish my puter would allow me to post pic. I have tried many times over the yrs and I still am not getting it right. Well back to the daily work . Have a great day everyone.
Congrats on the chicks.

Does anyone here feed Nuterna poultry feed and are they having any problems with trash mixed in with the feed?

Hey ray I feed Nuterna layer crumbles to my flock and haven't had any trash mixed in. I'd contact nuterna about it. Or take it back to where you got it.

Back
Top Bottom